Ted glitch question.

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Ted glitch question.

Post by Oppenheimer »

I see that Ted has the soul eater in that picture. You never actually get to use his in the game, it's just there for plot purposes. Can you actually use it in your version? Did you have to do any more cheats to make that happen?

I'm also curious if his stats are at all equivalent to what they are like in Suikoden IV. He's probably more powered in Suikoden I (since he's not meant to come along).
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

if you've ever read one of those faq pages that rates all the characters based on stats

if they had tested ted and odessa both of them would be in the strongest/ best long distance mages group.. its like having two more cleo's but with higher magic and speed and odessa has more hp than cleo for a while.

yeah i had to use a code to give ted and odessa GOOD runes
in mine i gave ted the soul eater (that "?????" thing is just a dummy rune and never gets changed naturally by the game) and odessa a rage rune. also odessa had fixed headgear.. i used a code to take that off but hedgear isnt bad since neither of them can equip heavy stuff like cleo can. both their mps are better than the hero and cleo (i compare cleo alot because shes really good for a long range mage and they are both a bit similar) Odessa may very well be the fastest character... tho kasumi is really close and whoever else moves that fast....

its funny because when i played the game years and years ago i didnt like ted much.... and then later looking back he was actually one of the cooler characters on 1. i never thought it would be so ridiculous to keep one of them tho but the game empties the party out so many times...
i had to keep using the code until i set foot into gregminister........ it was so long ago that i played this that i had forgotton something "what happened to odessa again?" lol so i started playing again and then decided to try and keep them.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

I was talking to a friend the other day and it reminded me of a glitch I once encountered.

It is worth noting that I've played through Suikoden 1 at least thirty times and despite trying to replicate this I've never been able to:

It was straight after you get Tai Ho and Camille, so you have a full party of 6. You're meant to go and get the Castle, but I went to the forest path to the East (just on infinite loop at this point as you don't have Kirkis yet). After leveling up for a bit I went back and saved in the Human Forest Village.

When I next turned my Playstation on and loaded from this point, my Cleo had been replaced by Ted. He worked normally in battle, and I could change formation etc. His rune was locked and unusable like when you originally get him.

During one of the scenes, the game went funny (like showed Ted walking out but Cleo's picture & usual text) After this, Pahn was inserted into my party too. I can't remember who he replaced. When the next scene happened the game crashed. When I reloaded my party was back to normal.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

O_O Why can't anything like that ever happen to me?
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Oppenheimer wrote:I'm also curious if his stats are at all equivalent to what they are like in Suikoden IV. He's probably more powered in Suikoden I (since he's not meant to come along).
He definitely has higher PWR/DEF in Suikoden I, lower MAG and LUK, but his SPD and SKL have similar growths.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Soul Eater wrote:I was talking to a friend the other day and it reminded me of a glitch I once encountered.

It is worth noting that I've played through Suikoden 1 at least thirty times and despite trying to replicate this I've never been able to:

It was straight after you get Tai Ho and Camille, so you have a full party of 6. You're meant to go and get the Castle, but I went to the forest path to the East (just on infinite loop at this point as you don't have Kirkis yet). After leveling up for a bit I went back and saved in the Human Forest Village.

When I next turned my Playstation on and loaded from this point, my Cleo had been replaced by Ted. He worked normally in battle, and I could change formation etc. His rune was locked and unusable like when you originally get him.

During one of the scenes, the game went funny (like showed Ted walking out but Cleo's picture & usual text) After this, Pahn was inserted into my party too. I can't remember who he replaced. When the next scene happened the game crashed. When I reloaded my party was back to normal.
I thought,this bug is unknow...
this happened to me too.
I went to great forest to level up gremio,without speaking to mathiu at seika at all.
after leveling up,saving at the inn and reloading,cleo and gremio where replaced with ted and pahn.it was cool,but when I tried to speak with mathiu to advance in the story,the game crashed.
and no matter how often I reloaded,gremio never came back,so it was a game ending bug.

some pics from the bug:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/user/ ... us2e4q.jpg
http://s7.directupload.net/images/user/ ... y6yi92.jpg
http://s7.directupload.net/images/user/ ... 5zvlf8.jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/images/user/ ... 3d52fc.jpg
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I get this glitch fairly often. I have no idea why it happens, but it will often replace Cleo with Ted. Gremio replaced with Pahn is less common but it happens. If this occurs you can play battles and such as normal, but if you try to do any plot scene that involves the replaced character the game with crash. I've actually experenced another replacement glitch where Tir was replaced with Gremio. So I had two Gremios in my party. There was no sprite on the screen at all - just an empty space. I could go in and out of the menus without an issue, but if I tried to move anywhere the game crashed.

Still, Odessa has the best statistical spread in the game. Someone (I think it was ninjaluc but I could be wrong) made an .xls file with all the rankings for everyone and she had two stats at Rate 8 (SPD and SKL), a 7 in MGC, 6 in LUK, and 5 in everything else. Even her bad stats were above average. Ted was 7 SKL and MGC, 6 SPD, 5 HP and PWR, and 4 DEF and LUK. Still a good spread.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

two gremios...LOL!...at least,one of them could survive milichs spore attack and continue the game with mcdohl;-)