[FAQ] Natural Elemental Damage / Weapon Rune Pieces

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] natural Elemental Damage, Weapon Rune Pieces

Post by Celes »

Ok then. Made a correction in the bestiary.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Re: [FAQ] Natural Elemental Damage / Weapon Rune Pieces

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Hi guys,

Just to confirm from the gameplay guides, for the weapon rune pieces that have no enemy drops, you can only get a certain number of them for the entire playthrough?
So you can only get 1 Wind Rune Piece in the entire game?

Also, has anyone ever beaten the Queen Ant (7100 Hp) boss battle in the beginning (Capture the Bandits mission) with the orginial party of 5 before Ted does his thing? Or this that an unwinnable battle due to storyline purposes?
Strategy is the key to victory!
avenger

Post by avenger »

No not me..
But i think if you had the characters at level 99 and best armor and stuff, (all these cheat codes are available for code breaker) then it's possible to kill it with out ted's help.

I think i'll try that...
Oh But having the best armor won't work that early, because you need the store house to get them from... dang...
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:Just to confirm from the gameplay guides, for the weapon rune pieces that have no enemy drops, you can only get a certain number of them for the entire playthrough?
So you can only get 1 Wind Rune Piece in the entire game?
Yes. But remember: Wind Rune Pieces are actually Earth Rune Pieces. So technically the latter is unique while you can get unlimited of the wind pieces.
Also, has anyone ever beaten the Queen Ant (7100 Hp) boss battle in the beginning (Capture the Bandits mission) with the orginial party of 5 before Ted does his thing? Or this that an unwinnable battle due to storyline purposes?
While you can beat the Queen Ant at this point in theory, you cannot win the whole battle. Each enemy, the 3 ants as well as the queen, respawns at the end of each turn.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Thank you very much Celes.
I understand the situation with the Wind/Earth Rune pieces.
I guess Wind Rune Piece (Def+ effect) can be replaced by the Defense Rune Piece (both available pretty much at the beginning of the game), which is an unlimited enemy drop and applicable as many times as you want before you hit the max counter for the Defense stat. (yea i'm replaying the game lol)
Strategy is the key to victory!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey has anyone tested the SAVE DIE trick for weapons?

like....
1. save game
2. add elemental rune piece
3. die in battle, "don't give up" - the elemental rune piece will definitely be in your inventory, but did it stick on the weapon???

you can also test for the weapon level at the same time for completion's sake.. though its application is not as interesting since Gaspar is always willing to lend a hand.
1. save game
2. sharpen weapon
3. die in battle, "don't give up" - potch likely gets reset but did the weapon level get reset or keep?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Doesn't work for both.
jin022

Post by jin022 »

yeah doent work. gamefaqs has a misinformation guide forgot the other website who claims there is a save stat trick.