Lotte's cat

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
phat magik

Lotte's cat

Post by phat magik »

Ok, I know this shouldn't be happening unless I am completly missing something but I have been trying to get her damn cat for about an hour, maybe two. I go to the town, I have a Holy rune and yet, I can;t seem to catch the damn thing. I bump off of it while mashing "X" to get it, I trap it in corners so it gets trapped and twitches, I even have room in my items.

So tell me, what the hell am I missing?
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

i caught the cutie's little kitty without even having the holy rune :o just mash the X button repeatedly (or whatever button you use for it if you play on emulator) and follow it around. you'll get it.

lotte is one of my endgame party members <3 i got her to 255 def 255 mag so far with the gameover rune piece trick.
oops

Post by oops »

i just go back to lotte talk to her then go back, if it don't work i keep trying lol
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

oh yeah, there's two different ways she'll ask for her cat.

if you don't have 45 stars yet, she'll just say 'i wonder where my cat is' or 'help me find my cat' or i dunno something... she'll say just one line of it and quit.

if you have 45+ stars, talking to her will result in her actually asking YOU to help her find it, in fact, i think you actually agree to help her in this case. THEN you go and get her cat.
oops

Post by oops »

aah i see, a lvl requirment, least now i know
phat magik

Post by phat magik »

Ok that makes sense. I'm lvl 55 I believe and have all the stars available except for her and two more. I have 9 missing total I believe right now but they come when I advance the story.

The level thing makes alot of sense, I'm going to go try it in abit and see how it works out.
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

huh? i was like level 30ish when i got her. you just need 45 stars of destiny and just agree to help her find her cat in rikon. she'll actually ask you specifically to look for it, and I *THINK* a option box comes up and asks you if you will do it for her or not. Just keep trying if you have more than 45 SoD.
Angrylobster

Post by Angrylobster »

just get the cat trapped against the wall at the bottom right part of kaku, easy as pie.

Oh yeah, make sure you talked to her or you can't catch it.
Nalleo

Re: Lotte's cat

Post by Nalleo »

It's quiet hard but sooner or later you will catch it,no prob!! :wink:
Mojim

Post by Mojim »

Was it really that hard? I don't have problem catching her cat :D
Nalleo

Post by Nalleo »

Frankly,yes,it's easy-peasy!I'm just giving some aspiring words for those who find it hard :wink:
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Give one ouf your party members a Holy Rune or put Stallion in your party, and you will get her :) It's easy going.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

Hmm, oddly enough i started playing Suikoden 1 again last night. I am up to getting the spears from the secret factory.

Anyway, I think you need to press X on Lotte's cat when it is facing you, when i did it, i got it when it was facing me, and then it continued to run after i had pressed X, but said Meow or something and i got it.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

How the hell did that Cat get all the way to Kaku anyway? Did it like friggen fly. Maybe it beat Tai Ho in a dice game and he sailed it there....
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Leona

Post by Leona »

How the hell did that Cat get all the way to Kaku anyway? Did it like friggen fly. Maybe it beat Tai Ho in a dice game and he sailed it there....
I was thinking that the other day. That cat must be one heck of a runner. Well he did seem pretty fast when you were chaseing him around town lol :roll: