Water rune pieces (PSP)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
oops

Water rune pieces (PSP)

Post by oops »

Ok, if I remember correctly on the PAL version you could only add 9 water rune pieces to your weapon. Was that different from the Jap version?

I've decided to get to level 99 just after I've gotten the Fortune rune and of course as I always do I got 9 water rune pieces. I thought to myself why not try it again and see what happens and to my amazement it worked and I'm on 11 pieces.

I'm guessing this would work with other rune pieces however if I remember correctly is the only other one that you can get unlimited of is earth rune pieces?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yep, the only unlimited stock of Elemental Rune pieces in this game is Water and Earth Rune Pieces. Earth Rune Pieces are FAR more uncommon and they don't really do much for ya anyways, so I don't recommend it...

as far as I know, you can only put 9 pieces on a weapon.
oops

Post by oops »

right ok, thought that was correct.

I'm going to play some more and see how many I can stack. Currently on 14 which is 70hp. Any more and I'll just do the game with one person lol.

I'm curious to see how many pieces that I can actually stack. I'll keep it updated.

In regards to earth rune pieces were they not a protection against magic? and if so then was it a percentage or an actual figure? Maybe if I had enough of them then they would be really good on a tank who is weak against magic.
oops

Post by oops »

Currently on 101 water rune pieces
Last edited by oops on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

heh, pretty fun :)
oops

Post by oops »

yeah it will be, once I've gotten to lvl 99 and I guess about 200 water pieces (if it goes over 100) i'll save then post on the internet since I've looked everywhere for a save but cannot find one. Then complete the game with just lvling pahn up
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so you're playing the officially released PSP version, correct?
oops

Post by oops »

yeah sure am. Cant understand a word of it like but I'm playing it :lol:
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

oops wrote:yeah it will be, once I've gotten to lvl 99 and I guess about 200 water pieces (if it goes over 100) i'll save then post on the internet since I've looked everywhere for a save but cannot find one. Then complete the game with just lvling pahn up
You know, it would be wise to consider nabbing CWCheat and using it to "break" the water rune piece drops, assuming someone knows the code. That way we would probably know how many pieces can be put on.

Then again, Tir with 99 Water Rune Pieces means 495 HP regeneration per turn. That's essentially enough to make him immortal (and subsequently immune, assuming you keep your health over 300 before the final boss battle).

Talk about broken...
Formerly known as: Gothann
oops

Post by oops »

my thoughts exactly, i'll power thru the game with just 1 person :P
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

oops how did you get to lv99 on the PSP version od Suikoden 1? Its not that you can use a cheat device on PSP?
oops

Post by oops »

I havent yet... still working on it.
oops

Post by oops »

Remind me never to do this again. I've managed to get past 100 water rune pieces and it still adds. Maybe the limit is 255 as per the stats? or maybe as much as 999. eventually it will reset back to 0 but I think I'll stop now.

Still only on level 45 combat at the start of the game. A little way to go for 99 :P
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

Chances are it's 255, seeing as that represents a single byte of storage and they have no sane reason to provide more for that data. If you add one more after that, it'll likely roll back to zero.
oops

Post by oops »

If so then they must of done more modifications than origionally thought...

They made a messup of this port.