[FAQ] What do the stats mean?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

KFCrispy wrote:TECH = SKL from game to game.

Suikoden V may have sorta separate stats (i forget), but one of them is the base skill value and the other is the base + modifications such as armor and skills that modify the accuracy. TECH is still the underlying base stat that determines the critical hit rates..

but that is Suikoden V.
Wrong, Suikoden I and II doesnt have anything like that... you're thinking of V i think...
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
LegionDCLXVI

Post by LegionDCLXVI »

It's a little late lol but TECH was SKL in the PAL ver of Suikoden 2, possibly S1 too, idr.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re:

Post by KFCrispy »

VinceValentine wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:TECH = SKL from game to game.

Suikoden V may have sorta separate stats (i forget), but one of them is the base skill value and the other is the base + modifications such as armor and skills that modify the accuracy. TECH is still the underlying base stat that determines the critical hit rates..

but that is Suikoden V.
Wrong, Suikoden I and II doesnt have anything like that... you're thinking of V i think...
at some point the game calculates "Hit %", and that's when TECH/SKL is a major factor in determining accuracy, but other things such as Thunder Amulet and Thunder God Garb will also play a role. Suikoden V just shows the base accuracy value in the Stats screen while II and other games do not.
coolblueshark

Re: [FAQ] What do the stats mean?

Post by coolblueshark »

Guys, i know im a decade late for the convo but i had this game 14 years ago, then i played the emulator a decade ago. and finally i returned to the game in a nostalgic fit (bought it for 35 bucks) a couple days ago.

anyways for any passersby still playing the game i know one thing that the luck stat does affect the dice game played by gaspar, i know i verified it through the emulator. if you have people in your party with high luck stat you constantly roll the dice at the triple (456) pay winnings. else if you have low luck stats in your party you lose much to often. anyway i posed the question today because i was wondering if the luck influenced drop rates any but apparently nobody knows :/
Antimatzist

Re: [FAQ] What do the stats mean?

Post by Antimatzist »

Luck doesn't affect drop rates.