Game Over Trick?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Antimatzist

Re: Game Over Trick?

Post by Antimatzist »

Maybe it's a ntsc-pal problem? I think this is also the case in my version (PAL), but I had to check to be sure.
vathious

Post by vathious »

I'm using the ntsc version (psn), and my party's levels also get resetted (along with everything else) when performing the game over trick, so it doesn't appear to be a region specific issue.

Can someone please upload a video of the trick on youtube, as no videos of the trick currently exist for it for Suikoden 1. It might clear up some confusion on how the trick is actually performed- like if multiple rune pieces are needed, among other thinngs.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

This is from Suikoden II but it pretty much follows the same method I think. Credits to the maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6suzY9VpfZY
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think you posted the same thing at gamefaqs and another PSN player confirmed the stats don't save--so the PSN version probably reloads straight from the memory card instead of doing this weird Continue that allows for the stat up exploit. but i do expect the PSX versions to work (emulator or real system would not make a difference)
vathious

Post by vathious »

Alright, thanks for clearing this up for me!
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

I still think it might have to do with the version, as I have successfully used it on the PSN version (I have the American version I bought on the US PSN). I am in the process of maxing out everyone's levels, and for those that I've gotten up to level 99, I then max out all of their stats (except for HP) to the theoretical maximum given at http://suikosource.com/games/gs1/guides/statgrowth.php. I've successfully done this with Tir and Rubi so far. I'm not sure if it has to do with the number of stones you have, but I have 1 or 2 of each kind.

I don't have a Youtube account or a capture card, but I could take pictures if that would help...
vathious

Post by vathious »

@ricecake Are you playing the psn version on the psp, or ps3? It doesn't seem to work for me on the psp (I also have the NA version, but I've only attemped the trick with one rune piece).
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

I'm playing on the PS3. I don't have a PSP, so I can't test it myself on there.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

So, I have a original NTSC copy of the game. The stone stat is not working, I recall doing this before however way back with a incomplete copy of the game, though I sold it. I've never attempted on this copy before. Mind you this is before you get banished, I have the Defense Rune Piece from Mt. Seifu with no party just the hero. I attempted and it did not work.

So a few things coulc prevent the trick. Too soon? Before being banished or aquiring the castle. (Can't really see that as a block)
Or because I am playing on a PS2 slim with an old PSX memory card. (Again I can't see that making a difference.)
I've performed this trick on the emulator before with no problems.
And I done it on a seperate disc before. (Though, serial number versions could make a difference? I can't really se that.)
And I haven't tried it yet but I could dig out my PSX and try. (Again I can't see the console difference causing the glitch and or bug)
And I haven't performed the trick with only one stone before. (I usually have done it with multiple stones for a greater effect)

So out of all these points, using multiple stones at once could cancel out any reset flags to the stats? I have no clue.
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

Wicht wrote:And I haven't performed the trick with only one stone before. (I usually have done it with multiple stones for a greater effect)

So out of all these points, using multiple stones at once could cancel out any reset flags to the stats? I have no clue.
When I tried it, it was at Shasarazade and I had at least one of each type of stone. I never tried it early in the game nor with only a single stone. Also, I only did it on my level 99 characters to get their stats up to the theoretical maximum for that character based on the stat growth chart.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this type of logic in a game isn't going to behave differently at different points in the game or due to what system or emulator you are playing the game with. it seems there are games that have this bug while others do not save your stats. try saving, leveling up, then die and continue---did the game keep your level-up? if it did, your stat stones should have worked.
yingxuy

Post by yingxuy »

Play it on my computer, PS1 emulator, I made ​​a my suikoden1 CD of the ISO. I know I do is right, do not know why it will not work.