Perfect Game.. help

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
adrenachrome336

Perfect Game.. help

Post by adrenachrome336 »

I'm gonna start playing S1 today, and im going for a perfect game, as in all chars lvl 99, the best runes for everyone, all the books, paint, the best gear, etc... but i have a few questions.

Is there anyway to get enemies to drop the items more often?

Apparently there is a rage rune in Neclord's Castle, where is it?

Which rune is better at the beginning of the game, Fortune or Prosperity?
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

For your first question, some people claim higher luck gives better results but that is still anecdotal evidence; other than that I'm afraid it is just fighting over and over.

The Rage Rune is behind the stairs on the top floor: its appearance is masked by the stained glass window. Since you cannot get this when you go up there to fight Neclord, it is easiest to pick it up when you return to recruit Pesmerga.

Fortune would probably make the game easier as you don't really need that much money early on, especially if you are fighting more to get the items. However since you can buy Fortune Runes later in the game and Prosperity is the rare drop of an obscure enemy, then Prosperity would be the best bet.
Last edited by Shirofan on Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

when you get further into the game this thread may be useful to you.

Another way to level up is mentioned in this thread.

If you haven't gone to far I recommend doing the following to speed up the first part of the game:

1)With just the hero alone go straight from Gregminster to Rockland. If you get in any fights bribe your way out of them.

2)save your game in rockland. Now play marco's game, there is a pattern to it. keep betting till you can bet 10,000, then keep doing this until you have at least 200,000.

3)Bribe your way to mt. Tigerwolf. Bribe your way through every fight on the way, at the top get the Fortune Rune. Bribe your way back, but go to Lenankamp.

4)Sharpen your weapon to lvl 5. Buy all the best armor. Attach the fortune rune. Buy some medicines and an antitoxin. Save your game.

5)Go outside and walk around until you encounter 6 mosquitos. It MUST be 6, nothing else.

6)Fight them, you will have to heal a lot and will also miss them a lot, but you shoiuld scrape through the fight. Afterwards you will be taken straight to lvl 20! It's best to heal the poison now, then save.

Not this ONLY works if you are lvl 1 with a fortune rune attached.

Now you can freely go anywhere in the gregminster area and are practically invincible. I recommend fighting a bit more, with your other characters present, at mt Tigerwolf. This way you will get karate uniforms, def rune pieces, and water rune pieces. A couple of these will actually make you invincible for quite a while. Also at mt Tigerwolf there is an area where you can jam the control into autofighting for you as explained in the second link I gave. walk along all the edges till you find it. Hope some of this helps someone.

Question: does the zombie dragon thing at your castle need any special requirements to get a fire rune (or is it lightning?) from it? apart from on my first save, where I was on level 18, I have always been level 24+ when I fight it, and I have never got a rune. I have fought it at least 20 times and never got anything. My friend has done it twice and got the rune both times. His levels were 18/19.

Also, is there a complete list of bath scenes anywhere? I've only seen a few, and I need to know if any of the scenes needs octopus/celedon urns, which can't be found later on... if that is the case then my save is perfect apart from with that.
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

If you want the perfect game, does that mean you want McDohl's stats at max as well..? If so, I recommend doing the stone-trick in order to make McDohl the ultimate char.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Perfect suiko1...my only gripe is that characters here with great raw stats are the "muscle" chars., and if you want an underdog to boost his limits you really need the stones, wherein suiko2 had the 3 rune slot w/c can really maximize a character in no particular pattern.

And yeah, you gotta have gameshark, you need Mace's weapon to 16 to be "perfect".
Viper

Post by Viper »

pardon me kinda slow but whats the stone trick?