Hardest Boss?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Mad Prince of Highland

Hardest Boss?

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Who do you guys think was the hardest boss in 1? I believe all the suikodens are not very difficult to play but the story always gets me going, However, the first time i played, i had a little trouble with Neclord. Of course, i didnt feel the need to put a water rune on cleo during my first play through at a much younger age.
Buff

Post by Buff »

hardest boss when i first played was the final boss.the 3 headed dragon.but now i can beat him easy.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

hardest was neclord to me, well actually i was stuck with the paintings for so long i got frustrated with neclord another hard boss was the zombie dragon
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i always had trouble with teh zombie dragon in teh castle
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I had trouble with that sphere thing when you go to that valley on Millia's dragon to get that thing for Fukien, ~~;;; can't remember which thing it was, but I died so many times from that thing.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I think you mean Liukan.

The early bosses, especially the Zombie Dragon, are the most difficult simply because you can't choose who's in your party. The Stars you're stuck with for that battle really, really suck.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

~~;;; yes I meant Luiken, gosh, so many people with k's and e's and n's and i's in their names, it just gets confusing sometimes, but that might just be me.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Mikalakatov wrote:I had trouble with that sphere thing when you go to that valley on Millia's dragon to get that thing for Fukien, ~~;;; can't remember which thing it was, but I died so many times from that thing.
yeah i forgot about that thing to, it was pretty strong also
Mad Prince of Highland

Sonya was pretty mean too if you ask me.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Mad Prince of Highland wrote:Sonya was pretty mean too if you ask me.
damn it. i forgot about her also. she was pretty strong too. i think that is it the last boss wasnt all that hard because you could level up a lot and combine runes and all which would really cause a lot of damage
Buff

Post by Buff »

sonya was the only boss who attacked you in the middle of your attacks,so it was hard to tell if you had time to heal your people.
Mad Prince of Highland

Buff wrote:sonya was the only boss who attacked you in the middle of your attacks,so it was hard to tell if you had time to heal your people.
Quoted for truth.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
strider tag

Post by strider tag »

-sonya : strong magic + high evasion ( & reprisal rate ) + high defence (physical & magical ) = STRONGEST BOSS IN THE GAME .

-zombie dragon : because of your team ... gremio without pahn is useless , tai ho & camille aren't the best at that point ...

-dragon ( pannu yakuta castle , just before the duel with kwanda ) : once again , it's the team ... you'd better level it up and upgrade their weapons or else ...

-gigantes ( can be a pain ... ) : the dwarf dungeon is quite long , and this guy comes at the end ... you'd better be prepared or else ...

-crystal core ( can be a pain , too .... ) : the thing here is to hit the strongest possible in each turn , and to have a healer each turn , or else you will be quickly overwhelmed .
Last edited by strider tag on Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Please mention *why* you think these bosses are so difficult or else this will become a list topic, which generates no discussion and is therefore not allowed.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I think Sonya was the hardest. She is so powerful! Actually, she is the one I'm scared of. She usually kill my whole team. It is a living HADE to keep everyone standing. Not to mention she killed Viktor quick..
Nick Bruiser