Hardest Boss?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Nemesis wrote:I think Sonya was the hardest. She is so powerful! Actually, she is the one I'm scared of. She usually kill my whole team. It is a living HADE to keep everyone standing. Not to mention she killed Viktor quick..
that's true. she kills party members pretty quick and you shouldn't take her lightly. suikoden is a easy game and i think majority of people get cocky when fighting bosses and i think some people don't go well prepared and still win but with sonya you have to be prepared
Buff

Post by Buff »

pesmerga786 wrote:
Nemesis wrote:I think Sonya was the hardest. She is so powerful! Actually, she is the one I'm scared of. She usually kill my whole team. It is a living HADE to keep everyone standing. Not to mention she killed Viktor quick..
that's true. she kills party members pretty quick and you shouldn't take her lightly. suikoden is a easy game and i think majority of people get cocky when fighting bosses and i think some people don't go well prepared and still win but with sonya you have to be prepared
also with her it's good to save a couple of judgement level 4 rune power for tir.makes things a little easier.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Yeah, I had my milich blast the clam monster with his thunder rune and saved up mcdohl's judgement for sonya. First time i played through, i used everything on the clam, like an idiot, than Sonya pwned me. :(
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

I will list out the note worthy bosses in order of appearance :

Zombie Dragon - It just keeps biting and biting and my characters just keep dying and dying. But, it's managable if you stock enough medicines and appoint at least 2 characters as healers. 3/5

Neclord - First timers would just be blown away by him. But he can be countered with several nukes with almost any high int characters. 2/5

Big Ball with Crystals - God damn Humphrey and Millia are crap. Overall a good boss that can take dozes of nukes. 4/5

Big Giant Clam - You can fry him with lightning I think. 2/5

Sonya Shulen - A reasonable boss due to her constant attacks and interupts. Has annoying spells as well. 4/5

Golden Hydra - By the time you fight him, you would have a wide range of characters to choose from. At a point, you can kill all the heads in a few turns if everything turns out fine for you. 3/5

My conclusion would be Sonya and that Big Ball as the hardest boss.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

So if it's on a scale of 1-5 but nothing reaches 5, what are you basing 5 on?
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

Well, to tell you the truth I never got my S1 Chars killed...ever...i don't think there's one boss who's worth saying it's hard, just like in S2 (Only Luca Blight killed some of mine :( )

It's very simple to bet the game without being killed...unless you wanna choose some weak chars to have some fun.
strider tag

Post by strider tag »

by the way , the "big ball with crystals" (crystal core) is weak against earth , and the giant clam ( sorry , don't know its name ... ) is weak against lightning .
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Sonya is not fond of Pesmerga's sword...with a killer crystal as well.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Oppenheimer wrote:So if it's on a scale of 1-5 but nothing reaches 5, what are you basing 5 on?
Hmmm...maybe some boss battles at other suiko titles crossed my mind when I was scaling it. LOL.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Oppenheimer wrote:So if it's on a scale of 1-5 but nothing reaches 5, what are you basing 5 on?
I dont think any of the bosses were very hard but what I really mean is the bosses that i listed were the hardest in the game. Other games have much harder bosses, like ninja gaiden
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I love challenges! but anyways.. I don't think that big ball is the hardest.. he wasn't that great of a boss :?
Nick Bruiser
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

pesmerga786 wrote:
I dont think any of the bosses were very hard but what I really mean is the bosses that i listed were the hardest in the game. Other games have much harder bosses, like ninja gaiden
=_="? I thought he was asking me....
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Agremsep wrote:
pesmerga786 wrote:
=_="? I thought he was asking me....
he was lol, but i wanted to give my 2 cents..... :?
azuresky

Post by azuresky »

The most difficult boss?? Zombie dragon of course, no contest!! Unless you're willing to spend some time increasing the levels of the characters (can't rely much on rune, weapon and armor) what with no money and all!!
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

The first playthrough I found many battles difficult. The Zombie Dragon, the crystal in Seek Vallet, Sonya, Ain Gide...but funny not the final boss.

Now I spend time leveling up before major battles. For example before I go to fight the Zombie Dragon I go to the Great Forest and level up this makes it faster, and makes the battle much easier.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...