[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Only Martial Artist can equip Boar Runes. I'm fairly certain you mean Clone Rune.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

You're most fairly right, Clone Rune. Fighters get the Boar Rune.
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Judgement of Lorelai wrote: Viktor - Holy Rune, he misses a lot but he's a tank
Is he really? I found that since he can't equip much armour he has a weak defence. Considering that he has to be in the front row I always end up getting him killed. He has a strong attack but as you said he misses a lot. I actually don't find him too terribly useful. Not that you have any choice in the matter of bringing him.
Yes he is a tank, due to high hp, it's just your carelessness that you have him killed.

And you're right, at that point, he is an unremovable character.
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Actually, when I play Viktor, I do agree that he misses a lot. But I don't agree that he dies a lot. I think he is a very good character really. But anyways, I notice something. I beat the game like 8 times this month and I notice that my character STATS changes. Like when I put some of those power up stone on someone, my whole teams sucks. But when I, I just start over and beat the game yesterday, put all the power up stone on Hero1 himself, they whole team is actually better. And all those times when I have beaten the game, Gremio was faster than Viktor, even with the same level. But now, Gremio is the slowest in the team when I started over again. Well I found this true but not sure who is ever going to believe it. I even kept all my GS1 saving before I fought the last boss. And yes, the stats came out differently.
Nick Bruiser
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Stat growth is random.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enjirube

Post by Enjirube »

My final party is

Flik-Lightning Rune
Viktor- Clone Rune
Valeria-Falcon Rune

Cleo-Mother Earth Rune
Crowley-Cyclone Rune
Hero-Soul Eater (obviously)

I use the combined spell of cyclone and mother earth which if i remeber hurts all enemies and cures allies HP all other members use best rune magic, medicine and physical attacks.

Gotta love this game ^_^
Wilhelm Suikoden V: My love doesn't discriminate!
Seraphium

Post by Seraphium »

Hey how come no one uses FU SU LU !!

his stats rock!!
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Since I have played this game like 20 times I tend to try to use different characters everytime.

My mage party:
Front row
Tir Victor Flik
Back row
Rubi Crowley Cleo

My fighter party
Front row
Pesmerga Victor Fu Su Lu
Tir Flik Kwanda

This time through
Tir Victor Flik
Tai Ho Yam Koo Camille

As for explanations the first two groups explain themselves. As for this time I use Tai Ho and Yam Koo with turtle runes and power raising equipment so they can do there attack each turn(which makes them much better than Varkas and Sydonia) and Camille is my healer with a flowing rune. I also like her because it makes my entire back row have spears which just looks cool. As for the others equipment I have Thunder on Flik and Clone on Victor. Victor also carries the dragon seal incense which he uses when he is unbalanced. I really feel like I am the only guy in the world who uses that incense.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

Although you can give them runes which help, Victor, Pasmerga and Fu Su Lu are strong.. but can't hit to save their' lives. I think Pahn has the highest skill of a strong character (140's) and is therefore useful - although his speed and magic defense are woeful. Kwanda and Kasim don't rate in my book - Kwanda has crazy def and a high armour level but his attack isn't all that impressive and Kasim is a bit mediocre.
Last edited by CameoChic444 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

Tengaar was my healer in my final party. I had Flowless Rune on her equipped. She was my Heal Goddess so to say ;) I forgot what other members I had in my party, besides Tir of course. I'll load up the game sometime and make a list of who I had and why.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I've used so many parties that I won't even bother to try and recall them all, but I'll list my favourite one.

Front row
Flik: Thunder Rune (KABOOM!)
McDohl : Soul Eater (duh)
Viktor: Clone Rune (YEAH!)

Back row
Rubi: Flowing Rune (healerboy)
Hellion: Mother Earth (great great old woman)
Valeria: Falcon Rune (beatbeat on them suckers)

This one probably doesn't need too much explanation. Flik uses his best spells and then attacks if he runs out. McDohl obviously goes all out with Soul Eater. Viktor attacks one round, heals the next. Rubi heals if necessary, otherwise he attacks. Hellion uses that attack spell until it's empty, then she's pretty much useless but casts protective spells. Valeria...well, enough said with her Falcon Rune. :)
Last edited by Shikton on Thu May 11, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

Ok I loaded up my game and here's the data:

Tir: Soul Eater
Viktor: Water Rune
Flik: Thunder Rune

Back Row:
Kai: Hazy Rune
Tengaar: Flowing Rune
Luc: Cyclone Rune

(Now that I look at this party, I need to change Vik's Rune, and get another char in place of Kai for real.) Think I'll go do that now.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

The best characters are those who have both power and magic past 140, with one of those stats past 160. The main character has both past 160 and weaknesses here are counted as stats below 140 by level 60.

Physical chars (power 160's, magic 140's)

Flik - Weaknesses:luck, def

Although def is technically a weakness, he can equip a shield and has high hp's, so it isn't really. 3 stats past 160 (speed, skill, power) and no real weakness - A great char.

Sonya - Weakness: def, luck
Similar to Flik physically but can equip the best helm too. Only 2 stats past 160 but speed is in the 180's. Another great char.

Alen - Weaknesses:luck,skill,speed.
Not as good. Better physically as similar besides a better def stat. However only one in the 160's, with average speed and less than average skill.
Last edited by CameoChic444 on Wed May 24, 2006 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

Magical characters (magic 160's, power 140's)

Grenseal - Weaknesses: skill, luck
More balanced than Alen but still only 1 above 160. I would prefer Alen because of his better HP's for the front line.

Cleo - Weaknesses:luck.
3 stats around the 160's (skill, speed and magic), above average DEF and armour level as she can equip the best helm. No real weaknesses (who cares about luck?)

Sheena - Weaknesses:skill
On the face of it he is very good apart from his average skill. However his armour level is not as good as other's for a front line char ( even Cleo's is better) and he will never have access to the most powerful spells as he can't un equip the lightning rune.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

Rubi - weaknesses: def, luck(!!!)
Just a weaker Cleo - she will have about 30 more def points if you combine her extra def and armour level, although they are back row chars anyway and he does have plus 5 to his weapon. He also only has less than half of her already dodgy luck (about 45!!!). Nevertheless a good pick.

Sorry about the multiple messages but my connection kept cutting!

The best front liners in my opinion are Flik and Sonya, although Granseal and Alen are good too. The best L-range is Cleo, followed by Rubi. You can do better than Sheena and Milich.