[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
smercjd

Re: [Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by smercjd »

Ok so a little MORE than lastly...this is the party I used..(I forgot to mention it)
Meg, Mina, Gon.
When I first played Suiko 1 I was obsessed with "Luck" and yeah...it wasn't the easiest final battle.

For favorite characters (not necessarily the best option)
Futch, Pesmerga, Tengaar (though this is not a bad group, either).
Note: In Suiko 2, all of these characters pretty much improve. -- Tengaar maybe not as much.

Final Note: Futch is just plain better than Fuma, a ninja...
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Final Dungeon party:

Flik, Alen, Viktor
Grenseal, Tir, Crowley

Flik, Alen and Grenseal for their Pretty Boy Attack which deals large amounts of damage to anything, but about 3k damage to the final boss.
Viktor equipped with the Killer Rune, as a critical strike from him can deal up to 1k damage and I do not like Runes that unbalance you for a round.
Crowley for healing with his Cyclone Rune, as well as dealing damage.
Tir.. you know the drill.

As soon as I get a Killer Rune available, I stick that on Viktor, as I find it more useful than the Clone Rune.

Recommended party members:
Fu Su Lu - Strong physical attack, can deal good damage with the Killer Rune
Pesmerga - See above
Ronnie Bell - Her ATK isn't as high as Pahn's, but she can use the Hate Rune every turn. I prefer that to runes that unbalance.
Luc - Fantastic magician, second to Crowley. Has blocked equipment, however and low HP.
Kai - best unite in the game, with Tir!
Eileen - A great magician. High MAG and more health than Hellion. You can unequip her worthless Earth Rune. Also L-range
Tengaar - Higher MAG than Eileen, about equal in other areas. Also L-range.
Mina - Another good magician, on par with Tengaar and Eileen.
Lotte - Similar to Mina, but L-range.
Sheena - Very similar to Flik. Great character to have.
Kasumi - Kasumi is L-range, is very quick and has the Shrike Rune, which does not unbalance.
Valeria - Good stats and has the tremendous Falcon Rune, which can be used every turn, unlike the Clone Rune.
Vermillion.Haze

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

Here is the party I ended the game with on my "Perfect" save. I completely decimated the final boss in a few turns and none of my characters were even touched due to my Flowing/Cyclone healing combo. Valeria and Cleo can be exchanged depending on whether you need more muscle or magic.

1. Viktor LV65 (Double Beat)
I like using a "Double Beat" on Viktor since I always use a Double Beat/Fury combo on him in Suikoden II so it fits symmetry wise. It's also quite practical for a heavy hitter.
2. Sonya L63 (Flowing)
Apart from her having dated your dad. Sonya is a very good hybrid character. She spends most of her time keeping my parties HP at max. But her physical attacks are nothing to laugh at. I use "Sierra" in my final Suikoden II party in much the same way.
3. Flik L65 (Thunder)
Not much thought had to go into the next two.
4, Tir L65(Soul Eater)
5. Valeria L63 (Falcon)
Even with three front row characters Valeria is still a valuble asset. I don't think ive ever bothered using her standard attacks anyway. The Falcon rune can just as easily be used from the back row.
A. Cleo L61(Rage)
If i'm not using Valeria I go with Cleo as my alternate. Keeping with her fire theme the rage rune makes her equally dangerous magically as Valeria is physically.
6. Luc L63 (Cyclone)
I always like having a Cyclone rune handy in any boss fight. And who better to have that honor then Luc? His magic stat is all that matters. Flowing/Cyclone assures that his low DEF never becomes a factor.
ninjaluc79

Re: Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Sobou wrote:Yeah, I have to concede that your points are valid, but the idea I posted regarding Krin gives you a reason to use him. Krin is absolute trash when it comes to the majority of the characters, but part of the fun of the game is that there's at least 60 characters that you can use in battle, and each one has their advantages and disadvantages. It gives one of the worst characters in the game a reason to be used.

Now, if we were talking about Juppo, Antonio, or Sansuke, then there's no argument. Those characters are just downright useless. Even Juppo's Trick Rune is trash because of how low his attack is, it's permanently stuck on him and there are several other command runes in the game that do much better than his.
Hm. I'll challenge myself by using the aforementioned useless characters and I will see.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
smercjd

Post by smercjd »

lol
I would love to see a party using Krin, Sergei, and Sansuke for the final battle...not sure you can win at level 65. I could probably think of a worse party...but that one just seems funny.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

1. Krin. One of the fastest in the game, and has a free rune slot, making him a good Spark Rune user SPD-wise. But SPD and SKL are his only high stats, which means he has an average critical rate and his defense and HP sucks. I know quite understand why people would prefer to use an 07 SPD character like Kage or Sonya as Spark Rune user.

2. Sergei. His only strong areas are SKL and DEF (lolwut). Low STR + Rod Weapon + S-ranged = Sucks as a front-liner. Low MAG also means he also sucks at the magic department. I'm tempted to have him use an Earth Rune, but goddamit *Earth is bugged. Asides that, I don't know what else I can do about him.

3. Sansuke. Pretty much average stats, but I can't definitely use him as a mage due to his low MAG. Probably as a fighter, yes, but you would probably use Gremio instead of him.

4. Juppo. His high SKL and LUK means he crits often. But yeah, the Trick rune must have sucked hard. But at least his average MAG means he has higher MDEF than most melee-type characters.

5. Antonio. It's official. ANTONIO SUCKS.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

*Besides non-removable Tir and Fliktor, this playthrough i use the trio fusulu kuromimi and gon and they are just as useful as my old team Valeria+Varkas+Sydonia in other playthroughs.

Formation:
Viktor(Double beat) Filk(Flowing) Fusulu(Counter)
Tir(SE) Kuromimi(Gale) Gon(Holy)

Battle Tactic:
-Normal encounter : Viktor, Flik, Tir, Fusulu direct hits while Kuromimi co-op with Gon in Kobold unite
-Boss battle : Viktor direct hits, Flik heals, Tir nukes SE, Fusulu+Gon+Kuromimi co-op in Kobold+1 unite.

Pros:
-Fusulu has the best str and weapon in S1. Counter or killer rune of choice, counter in my case.
-Kuromimi with gale rune could initiate the Unite super effectively
-Gon is good as Holy rune holder.
-All 3 has very good defence stats since Fusulu has great natural hp/prot growth while mimi/gon can equip shield and necklace
-Triple dmage in unite with no drawback.

Cons:
-Fusulu's speed and Mdef are lame
-Mimi/Gon's power are average
-Mimi/Gon can't participate in freewill attack mode.

*If we are talking about a free custom party with just Tir as non-removable, i'd love to use this one :

Valeria(Falcon) Tir(SE) Sonya(Flowing)
Tengaar(Thunder) Eileen(Cyclone) Cleo(Rage)

in random battle: Tir and Tengaar use normal hits, the rest co-op in true beauty unite
in boss battle: Valeria performs Falcon, Tir nukes SE, and the rests obviously are set to be an unite magic group then keep Sonya to heal.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

^ for your final party i'd rather put a Sunbeam Rune on one of the kobolds since it looks like you might have problems with regular battles (if you bother to fight them....). i doubt Counter does much for your, and Gale would only be useful for taking out a ninja enemy outside of Gregminster.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I must stick the gale rune in to make sure the 2 unites with mimi as participant would activate before enemies.

Yeah, its true counter isnt very useful since i don't have any idea what to put on fusulu but i actually dont have any prob with normal battle, mimi/gon go 1st and always wipe out the highest hp foe like Collosus(mimi with gale rune got lovely 270+ speed). Viktor hits twice after Flik and Tir's turn, that's why if that was a match againts 3 foes they wil have no chance to react
if there were 4 enemies, Tir will use Deadly Fingertip,after the last foe hit someone, fusulu will kill it and finish the battle.
if there were 5-6 i'll have Tir use hell.
hmm if battle could ever get any tougher I'd stick a water rune to gon and and holy rune to fusulu instead, to benefit some outside battle heals, but that wasn't the case.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I've made a lil modification, set Gale rune to fusulu, along with that teriyaki? wear, then hes got 136 speed, same as Viktor, i don't use speed ring 'cause his 2 acc slots are occupied with a pair of power ring. Mimi holds Holy rune, Gon is attached with water rune. This way, even the party engages 4 opponents in battle, those enemies won't have a chance to move but to RIP.

Video demonstration:
http://youtu.be/ZjmR814N8x8
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Another final team that many gamers may love :

Viktor(Double beat) Flik(Mother Earth) Sonya(Mother Earth)
Tir(SE) Eileen (Earth) Cleo (Earth)

Battle tactic:
-Regular encounter: Viktor, Flik and Tir use normal hit. The 3 women co-op in Beauty Attack.
-Boss battle: Viktor use direct hit, Tir nukes SE, everyone else casts Earth Quake.

Video demonstration:
http://youtu.be/1fVL7TEBPmo
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Um... I'm not quite sure about this party in the healing department, unless you can beat Golden Hydra in less than 2 turns.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well the video shows it getting done in 3, with Viktor getting a few critical hits. but nobody reaches critical health... most parties can copy the Earthquake spam and just use 1 character for Water/Flowing/Cyclone healing as insurance.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I was about to make my claim about 3 heads HP which messed up my plan but seems like suikosource has already updated these informations.

I thought theirs were 9k HP, so I was confident that all 3 heads'd be defeated without need of Viktor critical hits but with the fact being 10k HP for all, if Viktor didn't deal the critical hit on mid head on his 3rd turn, guess another round is needed or i might have to change equipments for Tir/Flik ->(guard robe + emblem) and Viktor->(2xpower ring) and then.... this setup sucks versus regular encounters.
kannyagathon

Post by kannyagathon »

Just played suikoden 1 to refresh my memories
The first time i beat the game, i was using an all suikoden 2 party
Flik Viktor Tir
Luc Stallion Clive

- Flik Thunder rune
- Viktor Double-beat rune (low SKL but the final boss can't dodge!.......right?)
- Tir Soul Eater
- Luc Cyclone Rune...since i was using an all suiko 2 party he is the only good magician, better than Tengaar
- Stallion True Holy Rune...when i played suiko 1 for the first time...i was so obsessed to finish the game quickly, hence...Stallion became a member in my boss battle...not the greatest because of his low HP and STR! Have to heal him every round :(
- Clive Killer rune...for some reason i used him over Tengaar, at least he is better than Stallion :p and he gets critical quite often though...

Still thinking who to bring in my next golden hydra battle...maybe i'll try a hilarious one...