[Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
oops
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Swansea, UK

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby oops » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:47 pm

Oh well, I guess until someone can prove that they have been up there then we will leave this as just a myth and get on with more interesting parts of suikoden :D

Benthos
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:50 am
Location: Brazil

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Benthos » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:55 pm

My opinion about this is, since you can be teleported through hidden rooms in both Suikos 2 and 5, I wouldn't be surprised if this trick is available in all the other games as well. But, as experienced by the truth happenings, I assume this is a lie until it can be proved wrong.

I don't know if I should replay the game again and try to watch this myself, because I know that if the people who claim it's true are lying, of course they'll want the others to play the game for hours just to see it's impossible to do what they're saying. They'll continue to defend their opinions just to make you think that they're luckier than you to do such a rare thing. That's what they'll feel.

Otherwise, if you're all "innocents" of the lying accusation, I simply ask you all to play the game again and if it happens again, try to prove from all ways, by taking pictures, making videos, giving further information about the room and the items in the chest, how the room looks like, whatever. If I was to be accused like that I would try to do everything to prove I'm right.

People, I want you to forgive me for sending a so long post, but my good sense can't permit such a case to be unsolved like that.
Last edited by Benthos on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Red rune
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:14 am
Location: Australia, QLD

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Red rune » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:11 am

Benthos wrote:My opinion about this is, since you can be teleported through hidden rooms in both Suikos 1 and 5, I wouldn't be surprised if this trick is available in all the other games as well. But, as experienced by the truth happenings, I assume this is a lie until it can be proved wrong.


I wonder y there hasnt been any one reporting secret rooms in the other suikodens. Y hasnt ANYONE STARTED playin there suiko 1 and 2 again to prove there point of the mysterious glitched rooms in 1 and 2.

i belive that there is a secret room in 2 but suiko 1 i dont belive :? . If there's eva a glitch in my suiko 3 i'll tell ya, but dont expect any proof cause i dont have a good recorder plus the footage would be rather bluary.
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members

User avatar
Mazinkaiser26
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:22 am
Location: Tristram
Contact:

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Mazinkaiser26 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:47 pm

this goes to all the 3 people in the world who's really been there.
im curently playing suiko 1 and i will attempt to go there AGAIN
ill try to take picture. unforntunatly i dont have a camera so if one of you guys can make a video to prove the world that the few will triumph over the many.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)


Mazinkaiser

whileheavenwept
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario

Re: How to get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store.

Postby whileheavenwept » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:37 am

Ted_85 wrote:Well, a friend of mine downloaded it on a ROM (wich is illegal unless you own the game, wich he did at the time and still does)

Without turning this into a different kind of thread, I'd just like to point out that it's still illegal to reproduce or download any software whether you own a copy of it or not. As with all media, you would need to get Mechanical Rights to reproduce the software onto a disc or medium of any kind, regardless what his intentions are with it (selling it or personal use). You would also need to get consent from both the copyright holder and the publisher, as well as pay them Mechanical Fees to do so. Unless of course your friend lives in China. I don't know where all this legal mumbo jumbo came about how "if you own a copy its alright". Of course Konami is probably not going to come knocking on your door threatening your friend to pay them, but it's still illegal.

Anyways, for the purpose of staying on topic. The topic of the Suikoden I Teleportation trick has been put to rest 1000's of times. It cant be done.

User avatar
Jam-Jul Lison
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Re: How to get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store.

Postby Jam-Jul Lison » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:17 am

whileheavenwept wrote:
Ted_85 wrote:Well, a friend of mine downloaded it on a ROM (wich is illegal unless you own the game, wich he did at the time and still does)

Without turning this into a different kind of thread, I'd just like to point out that it's still illegal to reproduce or download any software whether you own a copy of it or not. As with all media, you would need to get Mechanical Rights to reproduce the software onto a disc or medium of any kind, regardless what his intentions are with it (selling it or personal use). You would also need to get consent from both the copyright holder and the publisher, as well as pay them Mechanical Fees to do so. Unless of course your friend lives in China. I don't know where all this legal mumbo jumbo came about how "if you own a copy its alright". Of course Konami is probably not going to come knocking on your door threatening your friend to pay them, but it's still illegal.

Anyways, for the purpose of staying on topic. The topic of the Suikoden I Teleportation trick has been put to rest 1000's of times. It cant be done.


With roms it is legal to make a backup copy of software. It is just illegal to sell it and such. So if his friend has a copy of the game already it is not illegal. Though you will find when it comes ROMs you will rarely find anyone sueing over them like you do with music.

As for the room in Suikoden 1. As I have stated before my copy came up missing so there is no way for me to try to get back in though. I think someone might have stole it from me. I only got in the room once though. I was never able to get back in and never was able to get back in. Personally I think it is a waste of time for anyone to try to get back in. The odds of getting in are just low. The room is there but unless that glitch happens. Below are my reasons supporting it is a glitch.

1. It has been proven that they original had planned on having a room there.

2. The room was obviously added in to the earlier versions before the final release. Reason being we still see that NPC standing in front of the door and that NPC will not let you pass.

3. If that room had been deleted from the mapping, why would they leave that NPC there?

4. While many people have come forward telling others they have gotten in there, the majority of people who have played it have never gotten in there though. It it was a bug, you would be able to get in by doing certain things. With a glitch, it is usually an error that sometimes happens that causes things to happen that shouldn't.


All of the above are valid reasons why it is a glitch. I believe that originally they had planned on having Vicky mess up sometimes with the Teleport and sometimes you could end up in that room. However for some reason they decided to make it so you could not enter the room. So they had to rewrite the Vicky code. Now it is possible that rather then completely rewrite it, they simply went through and edited it. They probably though they had the whole thing fixed so you could no longer accidently teleport into there anymore. However there is obviously some sort of error in the coding that sometimes causes the glitch that teleports you into the room. Obviously the programmers failed to catch this glitch though. Which happens, especially when the chances of it occurring are as small as it is.

User avatar
Chris_Lightfellow
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:54 pm
Location: IL
Contact:

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Chris_Lightfellow » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Jam-Jul Lison wrote:2. The room was obviously added in to the earlier versions before the final release. Reason being we still see that NPC standing in front of the door and that NPC will not let you pass.
Actually, the NPC isn't standing in front of the door. He's behind the counter and yells at you to not go up the stairs.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!

KFCrispy
Global Admin
Posts: 5978
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby KFCrispy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:43 pm

feels like a lot of people believe Suikoden II = Suikoden I

oops
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Swansea, UK

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby oops » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:39 pm

yeah lol never mind. I see people trying to defend the case that it's a glitch, but to defend something that few claim to of seen... UFO's and ghosts are another one... prove to me that they are real and i'll believe you is what I tell people. Do the same here and prove to us the room is not real instead of saying a few reasons why there is or was a room up there. In games it is not always the case where they add a room or areas to a certain place for you to be able to go up there later. I can see your side of the coin where you say that there is a person saying don't go up there, but that's it really. Along with the odd claim that others have gotten up there but cannot remember what was up there.

The side that we see is that people say that they have been in a room where 1000's of people have tried but failed to gain access. I believe I read somewhere where someone said that they had tried to hack the game but found nothing up there.

Of course the other think that puts life back into the claim is that on suikoden II there is a secret room that you can be teleported too. But maybe that was placed in there because people were so interested what was in the room on number one?

Without some good evidence then we really don't have much to go on with this one. Unlike with the topic with suikoden II and the checkpoint glitch which has multiple questions to be asked, this just has the one or two.

Once again I say... Have good luck in proving it.

User avatar
Jam-Jul Lison
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:50 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Jam-Jul Lison » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:52 am

I had forgotten that the npc was in front of the counter and not in front of the door. I haven't played the game in a long time. Still there was no room there, why would they even have that NPC stop you? Why not just remove the stairs their all together? Or just make it so you can not move through the opening. If I hadn't seen it for myself on accident, I would have trouble believing it myself. I think it is just a rare glitch that happens. It is not suprising that a glitch like that could exist considering this game was only released a year after the original playstation was released. Before that time Konami had not had as much experiance with RPGs as Squire (Squaresoft, Squirenix). So the fact is was a new system with top line technology, and the they were so used to coding other types of games, mistakes can happen and glitches can occur.

We saw the bug with the game to Matilda in Suikoden 2. So why couldn't it be safe to assume that they might have accidently made a small mistake creating this glitch that allows you get into that room. Remember it only takes a small mistake in the programming to create glitches and bugs.

User avatar
Red rune
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:14 am
Location: Australia, QLD

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Red rune » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:57 am

Maybe there is a cheat code for this...
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members

oops
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:35 pm
Location: Swansea, UK

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby oops » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:38 pm

Jam-Jul Lison wrote:We saw the bug with the game to Matilda in Suikoden 2. So why couldn't it be safe to assume that they might have accidently made a small mistake creating this glitch that allows you get into that room. Remember it only takes a small mistake in the programming to create glitches and bugs.


Suikoden II glitch has proof that they changed their minds on the story. That does not give me any more reason to believe the story of the secret room. It does make me believe that people make mistakes and it is possible that a mistake happened in Suikoden as well.

KFCrispy
Global Admin
Posts: 5978
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby KFCrispy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:52 pm

i thought the developers said they were planning something but canned it. it'll be hard to find the source of this though.
if we knew of a "walk through walls" code like in Suikoden 2, it might be possible to check the whole thing out. on a programming level, generally, the rooms of one area all exist in one large map. i've attached pictures to demonstrate what i'm talking about.

it is certainly something that is easier to prove (if it truly exists) than to disprove: even if we went through every "map" in Suikoden I that contains all rooms we ever see, you can still claim there is yet another map that is solely for the upstairs part of the item shop. it would take a real PSX game programmer/hacker to look at all the possible "maps" in the game or examine the code for the possible teleport locations to completely put this rumor to rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Occam Arkitect
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:34 am
Location: Pilipinas

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Occam Arkitect » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:12 pm

I wonder why the game SOTN (Castlevania) was hacked to the max (by a hacker Esco) and later on a no. of guys too, this makes me believe that Suikoden's Bin/Cue and stuff can be unzipped in some way so we can extract the maps.


Someone do it for the love of god. Or, have the ones who have climbed up" in Suikoden 1 repeat it with a picture or video along with the items.

User avatar
Gorudo
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Postby Gorudo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:44 pm

It is not possible. Knowing a programmer, I convinced him to attempt to find the room ($100 if he could find it), and he was unable to find any such coding.

Additionally, Viki DOES NOT MIS-TELEPORT in Suikoden 1.

As for why the staircase was not erased, that's simple. If the staircase was to be erased, they would have to re-paint all of forest city, the entire store, and an assortment of other stuff. It was easier to simply add a line or 2 of code to make the store clerk not let you go up there.

Last of all, I notice that all the people who claim to have been to the room also claim to have gone down the stairs. This is HIGHLY unlikely. There is no way that the Suikoden Programmers made a staircase in the room to go down. That is, if they had the image of the room (with the staircase, for the sake of argument) that staircase wouldn't go anywhere. It wouldn't do anything. You'd be stuck in that room barring a reset.

Last off, the room would NOT look glitchy (if it existed), it would look like a perfectly normal room, but nothing in the room would respond at all. But, the fact of the matter is, the room does not exist in any way, shape, or form in the coding, and there is no image of the room in the coding at all.

I'm willing to bet money that most of you are thinking of Radat. That continued a Mole Suit (and item that was listed), a Blue Gate Rune, and a Mega Medicine (x9 strangely enough).

This should be case closed, but I know everyone will change their stories to fit what I've set as possible in this post just to prove their case.


Return to “Suikoden I”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests