[Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Arenegeth wrote:
Anamanaguchi wrote:I have also been up there. It was very strange. As well as going up stairs in that house in Radat. Whoa SARSadmin! How strange! I was posting this messege at the same time you were when I was about to bring up Radat!
This is getting ridiculous, do you guys have any concrete proof of this, I don't say that you're lying is just that I thought it was possible until recently, but this talk about checking the code and a confirmation from Konami put me to rest.
Even with a screenshot I can already see people mentioning the word "Photoshop".
Ahaha ANGER!! Well dude, now why would anyone lie and photoshop? That would be pathetic. It may be that you have the PAL version I dont really know, but I remember getting scolded for being up there too! Next time ill play thru Suikoden I will hook the PStwo up to my computer and if that happening happens to happen. Ill hit the record button, record it and post it up for you guys. I recently just played thru it and I dont feel like beating it again. Sorry.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Believe me there people who would go that far.
Of course I have the PAL version as I have a PAL Playstasion in a PAL country on a PAL world.

But seriously if you can't play the game can you at least confirm something for me, does it need any special requirements to work or you just kept teleporting from the castle to the Great Forest, because as I posted earlier I did just that more than 100 consecutive times and it doesn’t work.
Or is it possible that I'm that unlucky.

In any case I never said you're lying or anything but you may confuse it with Radat in II.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Jesus man, you actually have time to kill like that, to do that 100 consecutive times? ...
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Anamanaguchi wrote:Jesus man, you actually have time to kill like that, to do that 100 consecutive times? ...
It didn't take that long less than an hour, I think, but you haven’t answered my question, from your knowledge does it need any special requirements or no.
~Arenegeth~
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I didn't see a question mark in that post so I didn't think there was a question. I don't know if there are any special requirements... it just all of a sudden happens! It freaked me out.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Well at least the ones with special requirements are at least humourous to think that someone has gone to that much trouble to come out with conditions that people cannot automatically claim to have occurred in normal gameplay.

Sometimes to the over the top extremes dictating exact party setups, what previous events must have occurred, restricting the timeframe and giving precautions that need to be taken.

Frankly this one is rather dull in comparison.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Anamanaguchi wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:
Anamanaguchi wrote:I have also been up there. It was very strange. As well as going up stairs in that house in Radat. Whoa SARSadmin! How strange! I was posting this messege at the same time you were when I was about to bring up Radat!
This is getting ridiculous, do you guys have any concrete proof of this, I don't say that you're lying is just that I thought it was possible until recently, but this talk about checking the code and a confirmation from Konami put me to rest.
Even with a screenshot I can already see people mentioning the word "Photoshop".
Ahaha ANGER!! Well dude, now why would anyone lie and photoshop? That would be pathetic. It may be that you have the PAL version I dont really know, but I remember getting scolded for being up there too! Next time ill play thru Suikoden I will hook the PStwo up to my computer and if that happening happens to happen. Ill hit the record button, record it and post it up for you guys. I recently just played thru it and I dont feel like beating it again. Sorry.

In suikoden 2 the woman scolds you when you go down the stairs

Dude I think you confused s2 with s1

because I recently bought 1 and 2 and beat them so my memory is very fresh

there ARE 3 chest in radat

they include the blue gate rune, mole armor and mega medicine

and like I said.. the woman yells at you when you go downstairs

so I really think youve got 2 confused with 1

on another note, does anybody remember in suiko 3, kid says vicki once teleported A boy into an empty room{or something like that}

I think that was A clue in what you can do in 2 and I think the boy kidd was refering to was riou
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I never implied as to which game I was scolded in... does it really matter anyway? I just said next time I play Suikoden I, because well that is where the topic was in, man.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Anamanaguchi wrote:I didn't see a question mark in that post so I didn't think there was a question. I don't know if there are any special requirements... it just all of a sudden happens! It freaked me out.
Yes I forgot the question mark (again), in any case I have the English PAL version not the Australian perhaps that’s what’s to blame, but I think it may be that you confuse it with Suikoden II, but when you finally play the game again let us know if someone else doesn’t before that.

And I'm quite unlucky but still 100 times are too many, I don't know what to think anymore if it was just one person I could say it was just an impression but...

Anamanaguchi you're from Australia right? So is TheDeliciousMystery, so perhaps it happens only in the Australian PAL version.

Anyway I'm quite tiered is being a long day, the reason I pursue this is because of that damn perfectionism of mine.
~Arenegeth~
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

No, I'm from California buddy.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Anamanaguchi wrote:No, I'm from California buddy.
Wait you’re in the US and you have the PAL version...

If not then it gets intriguing what version you have exactly?
~Arenegeth~
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I have both versions. Don't ask how. Long story.
TheDeliciousMystery

Update on the PAL situation.

Post by TheDeliciousMystery »

I have just gone to the trouble of speaking to other Suikoden players who I recalled had also been upstairs & here's what we all recall:

* It didn't work until the last leg of the game after *SPOILER* Gremio had been ressurected.

* After being linked to this following pic of McDohl failing to walk up the stairs we all realised that you can see the outside ground area of the store & on our versions the store takes up the whole screen (the outdoor part is not visible at all).
http://skyrender.saulesco.com/suiko1_great_forest.png

* It was also brought to my attention that in the US the Firewind Cannon is called the Windfire cannon confirming there are more difference between the two regional version other than the crappy cover the US players have to live with.

So I'm currently replaying & am up to Sonniere which means I'm at the half way mark. I will let you know (& post pics) the moment I successfully (or unsuccessfully) make it back up the stairs.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

The save file I used to do 100 consecutive teleports was at the end of the game, with Gremio resurrected.

To be more exact I always go right before you fight Barbarossa back to the castle and save.

That picture as is says nothing, but since you're getting in the trouble to play the game again I will wait to see what you will find out.
~Arenegeth~
Ted_85

Re: How to get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store.

Post by Ted_85 »

I have only played the PAL version, and have never been teleported wrong.
I have heard a number of people claiming that going up the stairs is possible, but they're all wrong.
Rumors from true runes, to Tir's mother, Teo's corpse, Windy etc. are all over the net, but none of them are true.
How do I know?

Well, a friend of mine downloaded it on a ROM (wich is illegal unless you own the game, wich he did at the time and still does), used some kind of emulator-trick (he works as a programmer, don't ask me how he did it) and, well, hacked the game.
It turns out that there's nothing in the game's script that indicates a room on the top of those stairs.
Nothing that triggers any in- game events such as combat or dialogue, and certainly not any items.

So there.

Personally I just think the poor shopkeeper doesn't want people running around in his house.