[Rumor] Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Kaerou

Re: Get to upstairs at the Forest Village item store. (Rumor)

Post by Kaerou »

[deleted. Confused between 1 and 2]
Last edited by Kaerou on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so what's upstairs?
Ted_85

Post by Ted_85 »

Hehe, this is a classic. I have seen this soooooooo many times, it's almost amusing. Almost.
On every forum there's at least one person that claims he got up those stairs, and there is always a "but..." in his/her explanation, such as "but it was a PAL- edition, but it was the Saturn edition, but it has to be done on an excact time etc..."

I' ve noticed a couple of commonalities about those claims, wich I believe you will find interesting:

- None of the claims are identical. Every person that claims he got up the stairs, give different descriptions of how it was done, and what was on top. This is odd, because most of people posting these claims, claim their method to be "the only way..."

- Nobody on the forum (except the person that claims he did it) is ever able to reproduce the results when trying the method.

- Nobody has ever posted a live recording, something that should be fairly easy in these modern times.

- When confronted with the negative result by the forum, the claimer often defend his or herself with the "different version"- argument. But truth is, there aren't that many different versions. In fact there is only four: the japanese, the NTSC, the PAL and the one for Sega Saturn. If every claim where to be concidered true, there should at least be fifty versions of the game, wich is obviosly wrong.

Please note the similarity to the great "Revive Aeris"- hoax that haunted every RPG forum in the late nineties. A ton of explanations, all different, all claiming it was possible BUT, only in a certain version...

I suspect also, that some of you confuse the stairway on Forest village, with the stairway in Ryube from GS2. And it is indeed possible to get up the stairs in Ryube, by being teleported wrongly. This is possible in all versions.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

I live in the USA. I used to have a copy of this game before it came up missing. I got into that room once. But only once. I think it was on my first or second play through. However I was never able to reproduce this. I am just assuming it was a glitch. I can not even remember what was in there if there was anything at all. It was to long ago to remember exactly. Also before you say I got confused by Suikoden 2. This happened before I ever played Suikoden 2. I do remember that much.

I understand why so many people dismiss this kind of thing as a fake. Personally I think it is just a glitch in the game. Which is why so many people are not able to reproduce this.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

ive been there myself as well.
but its pretty rare though.
as whats up there i dont remember exactly.
i know there is a Winspun armor for sure.
there are 3 of 4 chest in total.

i own north american version. so its there.
its not a bug. its not a hoax either.
and it is in forest village in suiko 1.
butt as i said it is very very rare. you gotta have to teleport in and out of forest village several times to be able to do this.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
oops

Post by oops »

I tried this for about 30 mins with an emulator and still couldn't find anything.

You remember what stage of the game you were at? Who you had in your party?
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

im sorry it was a long time ago
im afraid i dont remmember that much. but i can confirm that ive been there

Mazinkaiser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

surprise, surprise, you can't even name one item..
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

i did name one there is a winspun armor up there.

Mazinkaiser
oops

Post by oops »

Well I don't see this one to be honest. Suikoden has been played millions of times throughout the world, on different platforms and different people. If there really was a hidden room that you can access then I believe that there would be far more people coming forward to tell us about this than there are currently.

The main reason why many do not believe is that there is no proof to back up what a few people say. I know that if I found out a secret that very few people have experianced then I'd do my best to replicate that just to say LOOK I DID IT!

Hell, you maybe right and there maybe a secret room, but until you can prove that then my beliefs are with the majority on this one.

Also I'd like to add... Did I read somewhere that someone had tried to break the code on the game to see what was in the room and they found nothing? Maybe it was on this forum??
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

you dont have to believe me if you dont want to.
but i do know that ive been up there once.
it does exist.

!The truth is up there!

Mazinkaiser
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

Like I said before, my copy of Suikoden came up missing. I think someone stole it and I can not find another copy. I honestly do not remember the exact stage of the game I was in. I think I might have been trying to teleport to Forest Village and ended up in there but I can not say for certain cause it has been a long time since that happened. I remember when I ended up in there I was kind of freaked out. I think i ended up just walking down the stairs completely ignoring everything else. If I recall the area looked a little glitched. I could see past the walls of the building a little and could see trees there. Yet another reason I believe teleporting in there is just a glitch in the game. It always made me mad too that I could never get back in there. We know they had originally planned on putting one in there but later decided not to. I am assuming they had already drew up some of the map and had it on there when they decided not to include it in the game. So rather then delete it, they simply just recoded things so you could not get in there. However i believe they missed a little something when coding. Probably made a small mistake with Vicky's teleporting so it ended up sometimes causing a glitch which allows you to end up in that room. I wouldn't count on this glitch being there in PSP version though. Odds are by now they caught it and fixed the problem. Just like they did with glitch in Suikoden 2 that allows you to enter Matilda early on in the game by pushing the gate door forward. lol. BTW I assume that glitch was also caused by the programmers being a tad lazy. Still though both of those 2 games are still amazing games, despite those glitches.
golden general

Post by golden general »

I haven't played suikoden 1 for a long time but i think i've been there as well. or maybe i just saw my brother playing and he went. anyways i have seen it.

p.s my brother is mazinkaiser26.
big runescape player
oops

Post by oops »

No one can confirm what was up there... No one even has the same explination of what they saw either.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

oops wrote:No one can confirm what was up there... No one even has the same explination of what they saw either.

That is probably cause the majority of the people who claim they have are confusing it with that room in Radat Town in Suikoden 2. That or they are lieing. I didn't play Suikoden 2 until after I had played Suikoden 1 and found that room. For some people like me, it is hard to remember what it was like exactly up there because it was so long ago that my memory is hazy. Though I guess I could blame weed for that too. lol. If I still had a copy of Suikoden 1, I would attempt to get in there again.

I still think that it is a rare glitch. That is why so few people get in there and why the room might even look a little different to some people. I don't even remember if there were any chest in there or not. I understand why people have trouble believing it really exist since getting in there is rare. I probably tried well over 100 times to get in there after I got in there the first time and could never get back in there.