Finally SUIKO I And Also SUIKO IV

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Personally, I prefer playing them in order. I'm a backtracking sort of person, so it works in a very odd sense. (It's also because I was introduced to I, I fell in love with II and III is the one that largely disappointed me. Haven't played IV yet because my boyfriend is not giving it to me until I completed III).

But if you want first hand of 'You know who' and his soul eater rune, then IV should be played first. Just don't be disappointed of the lack of visual graphics in I though that's the way I prefered the game to be.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Well, I played II first cause my friend gave the copy to me first. Then I searched like hell for I and fortunately I found it. Then I played III, and was very disappointed for the gameplay. It just doesn't feel right. Then I played IV. So its 2-1-3-4, not counting how many times I've replayed I and II.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Some played S1 because they started S2. So maybe play s1 first, then 4.
Joev

Post by Joev »

I played 2-1-3-4... As of now, I'm playing 1 again because I just finished 4... I just like to repaet all chronologically... :D But it doesn't matter which one you play first, beacause all of them are great... well, except for 3... I never got to like the story and gameplay of 3... No offense to those suikoden 3 fans... :D :D :D
deathmf

Post by deathmf »

I'm replaying all of them right now at the same time, lol. I'm farther along in 1 and 3 though.
Persmega

Post by Persmega »

I have played the Suikoden games in this order:

Suikoden-SuikodenII-Suikoden III

haha, there you have it, im gonna get Suikoden IV on payday.
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

tiriou wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:,might take about 30 hours to finish, and the experienced player can finish in 15!
are you serious
last time i played it only took me 13 hours
and half the time i let it running for ages while doing other things

Same with me but i took 16 hours, but at the biggining of the game i was playing Marco's cup for an hour and a half and slacking off alot in the game playin mini games.

Infact my first time ever playin it took me 18 hours to beat.

But i see how it would take people 30 hours to beat, It is a slightly hard game.

A few times ago that i played i beat it in about 9 hours.
Last edited by The Black Knight on Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

An experienced suiko addict can finish Suikoden1 in 8 hours! Hey I finished it in 8 hours. :D And a non experienced Suiko player can take around 15-20 hours. I finished Suikoden1 in 15 hours when the first time I played it. It is because I finished Suikoden2 in 50 hours when I first played it. I got to play Suikoden2 first than Suikoden1 there are many similarities so there was no trouble playing it at all. :D
Sagiri

Re: Finally SUIKO I And Also SUIKO IV

Post by Sagiri »

It usually takes me a while because I am slow. I keep fooling around because I am afraid of one battle or another.
I am afraid of the battles that I always had trouble on.
30-40 hours. :cry:
Like in tactics, when I got to the Secret Patriarchal Facility, fought once, cried, then went to the obel ruins and did quests I didn't give a damn about before. But it paid off.
I bet it would probably make understanding "you-know-who"'s past and the Soul Eater much more easy.
Ted=Voldemort? Just kidding. I understand spoilers.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.