Something curious in Neclord's castle

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

SARSadmin is Japanese? Are you serious?! or do you mean he can speak Japanese?

I don't want to be told that I'm going off topic, so I'll just say- The zombie who helps you solve the riddle disappears afterwards; but doesn't he give you anything before that?
Credit goes to "lucreborn" for my previous avatar.
"Judgement of Lorelai" for my current one!
Thanks both =)
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

He said it back then.

And the zombie? He gives you a headache.
zrayaan

Re: Something curious in Neclord's castle

Post by zrayaan »

Daeris wrote:Hey guys, did u remember that room with four coffins in Neclor's castle?
I discovered some time ago that, if you press next to the coffin on the superior left corner, your party is given the choice to rest inside.
You can also rest in the bed at Qlon Temple.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Yeah, but that would mean going back...and it's quite irritable to do that.
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Hey this is real interesting... I didn't know abt the coffin at all. I knew that I expected the Neclord's Castle to have more secrets or minor bonuses, but just didn't know it... Oh yeah, this is not listed in Suikosource: there's another short scene in Lenankamp in the inn. Just bring Krin along and talk to a man, in second floor I think.
Eao

Post by Eao »

SARSadmin wrote:
Occam Arkitect wrote:I'm getting a feeling S4 hasn't any.
Oh no no no, Suikoden 4 sure does have it's share of "hidden" items stashed in places you wouldn't expect.
hahah yeah theres what a medican or somthing on somone's house in Middle Port or Razaril. I know there was some item in the corner in Hero4's turf. how? i just ran into the corner and hit the button same with the house.

then i expected more, then I gave up hitting my conferm button on walls and such.

I'm use to it. it made me feel like I had some gamer ESP or somthing.

does Suikosource have a list of easter eggs and hidden items? or would that be in the traditional walkthrough?
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Suikosource does have several easter eggs and hidden items but not all... For example, in Sui 2 they didn't list down the pwer ring in Tinto mine (i just found out abt it in Sui 2 forum), 100 potch in hero's house, etc...
Sydonia

Post by Sydonia »

Also, the order in which you light the candles in the room in Neclords castle can also reveal a secret stash of treasure. Or was that in Suikoden II? It was one of them, in any case.
Love is such a fleeting affair. Prone to lust, we are all but mere puppets of a greater scheme.

Castle North Wind
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

OMG this is an old thread
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

But the strangest thing in Neclord's Castle in Suiko 1 was this. Who the heck is playing the music after you kill Neclord? Is it supposed to be there?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It just sets the mood.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sydonia

Post by Sydonia »

That track is called Passacaria, I believe. For those who are interested.
Love is such a fleeting affair. Prone to lust, we are all but mere puppets of a greater scheme.

Castle North Wind
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

The candle lighting is Suikoden 2, and both candle rooms give you a Darkness Rune and Blue Ribbon.

Suikoden 4 doesn't really have hidden items, except for the Treasure Maps. Suikoden 3 pretty much has no hidden items/treasures.

Lets see, stuff that many players may overlook:

In Suikoden 1: bring Meg to her house at Lenankamp, bring Krin to one of the Lenankamp inn rooms, bring Clive to the Rockland graves, rest for free at Qlon, rest for free in a coffin at Neclord's castle, drink the water at the Village of the Hidden Rune for free healing, if you don't have 200 potch to pay Vincent's fee at the inn you will wash dishes to pay for it instead, you can beat up Imperial soldiers at Rockland after returning from Seifu, you can get either a Prosperity or Fortune Rune for free at the beginning of the game by leaving Gregminster either with or without Ted in your party, there are no random encounters outside of Liukan's Hermitage, you can read Sonya's diary as well as speak to both Teo and Sonya before going upstairs at the beginning of the game, you can check Milich's clothes wardrobe at his mansion, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting...
~Blue Thunder~
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Just to add-on, don't forget to check the painting in Milich mansion and say that he's just another victim to get several items. Check the statue beside Kraze's office in Gregminster Palace to get potch in the beginning of the game.
Sagiri

Re:

Post by Sagiri »

Sydonia wrote:Also, the order in which you light the candles in the room in Neclords castle can also reveal a secret stash of treasure. Or was that in Suikoden II? It was one of them, in any case.
What candles?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.