I can't upload the first suikoden game to Suikoden 2

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Terra Black

I can't upload the first suikoden game to Suikoden 2

Post by Terra Black »

Well I got all the 108 stars and I got Gremi back to life and I saved at the last save before the final boss. And when I press "new game" at Suikoden 2 and after that when it stand "upload data from suikoden 1" or something like that and when i press yes it says "there is no Suikoden 1 save data in this slot"
:cry: But there is so what shall I do????????

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME??????? :cry:
WIND

Post by WIND »

i know this may seem dumb, but it's happened to me before. have you checked to see that your save file is there, perhaps you erased it on accident.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

are your suikodens all NTSC or PAL? i dont think a PAL save will go onto a NTSC game
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

A PAL Suikoden I save will not load onto a NTSC Suikoden II. No PAL save will load onto an NTSC game.

Hmm, I'm not sure why your save wouldn't load. I know this sounds funny compared to everyone else, but I fought my way through Gregminster, right the way to the room before Barbarossa, walked my way back, rested at the Inn in my castle and saved. That loaded my date fine, but I'm a PAL customer, but it's worth a try!
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Terra Black

Post by Terra Black »

hmm I've never thought of that before I think I got PAL on both but maybe not I'll check that.

Thanks!!! :D
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

i think you have to save it in the last room before you fight barbarossa for it to work too
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Terra Black

Post by Terra Black »

Its in that room I have saved but I already know whats wrong.
I got Suikoden 2 in PAL version and Suikoden 1 in NTSC version so maybe that whats wrong.

Thanks anyway!!!! :D
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Star of destiny wrote:i think you have to save it in the last room before you fight barbarossa for it to work too
Any save after the fight with Yuber's army is good for the data upload to Suikoden 2.

And yes, NTSC doesn't upload into PAL, so there's your problem.
ProblemChild

Post by ProblemChild »

Sorry to dig up old topics, but how did you manage to revive Gremio? :?
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

You revive Gremio if you get all 108 Stars of Destiny.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
ProblemChild

Post by ProblemChild »

The Black Knight wrote:You revive Gremio if you get all 108 Stars of Destiny.
Doh, damn i really need to do that then :) .
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Fliktor wrote:A PAL Suikoden I save will not load onto a NTSC Suikoden II. No PAL save will load onto an NTSC game.

Hmm, I'm not sure why your save wouldn't load. I know this sounds funny compared to everyone else, but I fought my way through Gregminster, right the way to the room before Barbarossa, walked my way back, rested at the Inn in my castle and saved. That loaded my date fine, but I'm a PAL customer, but it's worth a try!
Huh? You sure it works?
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

You have to get all 108 SoD's before you enter the major battle (to revive Gremio) with Leknaat, windy, yuber, etc... or else it doesn't work.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:You have to get all 108 SoD's before you enter the major battle (to revive Gremio) with Leknaat, windy, yuber, etc... or else it doesn't work.
Yes, but I am asking if it works should my game versions are different for Suiko 1 and 2?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Quote from earlier in this thread.
Jowy Atreides wrote:And yes, NTSC doesn't upload into PAL, so there's your problem.
Also, PAL doesn't upload into NTSC either.