Black Screen - Battle with Kwanda

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
DJuein

Black Screen - Battle with Kwanda

Post by DJuein »

Greetings,

did try to google the current problem i got with Suikoden 1, but cant find anywhere a solution.

I'm just after the event where the Elven Village has been burned down with the Burning Mirror, and in the Kobolt Village, when I give a command to attack Kwanda Army, my screen just gets black, not completly but you can see the window where a video or something should be, the window seems extended to the left and thats where the game stops, pressing any buttons nothing is helping it. any idea of why it is happening?

did try to clean the cd, has a bit scratches, but should not be a problem , did try to copy the cd onto hdd, all files has been read and coppied.

Anybody can help?

Thanks In Advance

Darky L Ju'ein
KoLAddict

Re: Black Screen - Battle with Kwanda

Post by KoLAddict »

It sounds like there's a scratch on the disc causing an issue reading that particular piece of information, which is causing the crash.

I had a similar issue with Legend of Mana, the game had one scratch that didn't look that deep, but caused the game to lock up when I tried going into a specific room.

Best option maybe would be trying a disc place to see if they can use their professional buffer on it. It's usually less than $5, and definitely better than buying another copy.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Black Screen - Battle with Kwanda

Post by Sasarai10 »

It used to happen to me after the 2nd batle against Milich (when u get the antidote)....black screen appeared after battle was finished.
But it happened only when i used my original disc. I made a copy with Nero and it plays fine now.

Ever tried?