Who would you bring?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
mightofanubis

Who would you bring?

Post by mightofanubis »

If you did not have to bring flick and Victor to the final boss, Who would you bring.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Who would you bring?

Post by wataru14 »

I would bring Flik anyway. Viktor I'd leave at home in favor of Luc. Then I would keep my usual final group of Tir, Valeria, Camille, and Kai.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Alen, Grenseal, Sonya, Valeria, Crowley
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

If it wouldn’t have any consequences, so just for kicking some ass…
1+2) Varkas + Sydonia, or Tai Ho + Yam Koo (with Turtle Runes?)
3+4) Valeria + Ronnie, or Ronnie + Pahn (with Dragon Seal Incense), or Valeria + Kai
5) a good mage

If it means that afterwards your party will die under the collapsing palace fighting imperials, because no one is willing to die in your stead…
1) Kage: Doing everything for money, he’s more bane than boon to the world.
2) Krin: The imperial treasures should be used for rebuilding the country, not be stolen.
3) Crowley: He would probably be reborn anyway, but at least the danger of a duel with his rival, which could turn the country into a desert, would be avoided for the time being.
4) Rubi: He wouldn’t need to talk to humans and weaklings anymore.
5) Milich: Normally he would retire and visit Barbarossa’s grave daily. This makes him seem to be the most loyal of all generals. Well, Sonya seems to care more for Teo than Barbarossa, but the others are at least as loyal as Milich. He’s not even the oldest among them, so why does he retire? I believe his narcissist aristocratic lifestyle was only possible or at least easier under the empire, so he isn’t the most loyal towards the empire, but the most nostalgic. Let him die to avoid his grief.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Viktor stays. I'd probably replace Flik with Sheena so I can use the Lepant family.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

All the blacksmiths. I love using the groups of five!

But it drove me crazy that you couldn't even use their unite in the last dungeon...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

the 4 imperial generals...and i'd leave one space empty. It'd make more sense story-wise
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

McDohl and Pesmerga - Sonya - Humphry - Kwanda - Valeria or
McDohl and Pesmerga - Grenseal - Humphry - Kwanda - Alen
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I would keep Viktor and Flik because there's no Suikoden without Fiktor and Flik.

The ending scene would not be the same without their last stand and the fear that perhaps they died - and thus seeing them appearing again in S2 would have been less emotional.
mightofanubis

Post by mightofanubis »

I was thinking that flick and Victor could have been in an alternate party or part of the entourage so you could have had more freedom in the final boss battle. I was always using Alan and grenseal along with kwanda.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Actually one good thing that Suikoden 2 introduced is the possibility sometimes to chose if you want a forced character to be in your party or just following you. That should have been the case in the final battle of Suikoden 1, keeping Flicktor in scenario even if you wished to use another party of six for the boss fight.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Actually one good thing that Suikoden 2 introduced is the possibility sometimes to chose if you want a forced character to be in your party or just following you. That should have been the case in the final battle of Suikoden 1, keeping Flicktor in scenario even if you wished to use another party of six for the boss fight.
Actually in Suikoden 1 you wouldn't be able to choose if you wanted to add them in your party or in your convoy. For example Kanaan joined in your convoy anyway.

Unless you mean they'd join your convoy ,and not be able to add them in your party
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well when the non-existent remake of Suikoden 1 comes out, we'll have the option to put Viktor and Flik in the convoy, or swap them in and out of the entourage like in Suikoden 5.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Sasarai10 wrote:the 4 imperial generals...and i'd leave one space empty. It'd make more sense story-wise
Yeah, I would probably do this too. Maybe make Gremio fill up the last spot.

DPS-wise I'd go with any combo of Ronnie, Valeria, Tai Ho/Yam Koo with Turtle Runes, Varkas/Sydonia, Clive with Double-Beat, a healer, or Crowley/Luc with Cyclone/Mother Earth Runes.
El_Nombre

Post by El_Nombre »

3 pirates, Tai Ho and Yam Koo, or
Sansuke, Fu Su Lu, Clive, Kwanda and probably either Mina or Gen (to keep Sansuke company)
For no other reason than these were my favourite characters to use in battles in general

The 4 generals would have been cool though, I always liked Ain and hated having to fight him at the end.
Last edited by El_Nombre on Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.