Ted's age *minor spoiler*

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
bluemask

Ted's age *minor spoiler*

Post by bluemask »

So, I was searching for discussions over the web for explanations how Ted aged in-between Hidden Water Village and Present S1 time.

If considering one who has a True Rune never age, then how come he seemed to have aged? Bringing up the S4 events, Ted was in the Fog Ship but it apparently stops anyone on-board aging as well, iirc. So how did his aging came to be?
Jack of All Trades

Re: Ted's age *minor spoiler*

Post by Jack of All Trades »

True Runes allow their bearers to age to about 16 years old.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Jack of All Trades wrote:True Runes allow their bearers to age to about 16 years old.
Well, I never read it anywhere, to be honest :|
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Luc and Sasarai still look like teenagers when they reach 30, so I guess it makes sense.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

From which we can deduce that almost every anime character ever bears a true rune.
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

I believe the official stance is that they age normally until they are about 16 years old and then it stops.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Luc and Sasarai still look like teenagers when they reach 30, so I guess it makes sense.

Actually Luc looks like some years older than he did in S2...Sasarai on the other hand looks younger in S3 than he did in S2 because of that hat he wore in S2 :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:Luc and Sasarai still look like teenagers when they reach 30, so I guess it makes sense.

Actually Luc looks like some years older than he did in S2...Sasarai on the other hand looks younger in S3 than he did in S2 because of that hat he wore in S2 :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Luc visited a local barber thinking he'd look more mature and badass. Guess it worked lol.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

bluemask wrote: Luc visited a local barber thinking he'd look more mature and badass. Guess it worked lol.

Badass? Not at all. If he wish to look badass i guess he'd prefer to grow a beard :P

In S2 he resembles his age by the time (17) and in S3 he looks like he is in his early 20s but still he is 30+....no anxiety and carefree life i guess :mrgreen:
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sasarai10 wrote:
bluemask wrote: Luc visited a local barber thinking he'd look more mature and badass. Guess it worked lol.

Badass? Not at all. If he wish to look badass i guess he'd prefer to grow a beard :P

In S2 he resembles his age by the time (17) and in S3 he looks like he is in his early 20s but still he is 30+....no anxiety and carefree life i guess :mrgreen:
Lol. That reminds me of this
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Sasarai10 wrote:

While I agree, a beard would like more BA,but the reason for the subtle changes in his character design is fairly simple i would assume. They had different artists and designers for the official artwork.

Also, yeah I believe the official stance is that a true bearer while ageless, if a child gets the rune, their bodies will still be allowed to mature/develop a least to the beginning ages of prime development. So like between 16-19. Depending on how fast the individual grows.

McDohl and Lazlo both got their TR while they were about 14 years old in their respective games. A few years later when they both appear in their sequels, both are portrayed clearly older..looking about 19 or so then. Same as Ted in most respects.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

suiko2fan2 wrote:
While I agree, a beard would like more BA,but the reason for the subtle changes in his character design is fairly simple i would assume. They had different artists and designers for the official artwork.
No, Ishikawa Fumi did both the art in II and III.