Teo's fate... *spoilers*

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
bluemask

Teo's fate... *spoilers*

Post by bluemask »

I just keep wondering why Teo have to die... I mean Teo has a sword and Tir had a staff. Teo is fully clad in armor and he died? How weak.

Seriously though, it was Tir's choice to kill him but why would he overdo it? Teo could have been forgiven just like Milich/Kwanda... It would have been cool if he was a SoD. Cleo would have been much better replacement for his death (nah just kidding, I love Cleo).
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Teo's fate... *spoilers*

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Teo dies because it makes for a better story.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

bluemask dude, what kind of storyteller are you?! ;-)

That would have seriously killed tragedy. So Teo and his armored cavalry joins the rebels. I'm not sure about Kasim, but Sonya would have defected at once, including her forces. The Liberation Army strolls to Gregminster, end of story.

Moreover, he was absent from the empire fighting in the north, so he didn't know what was going on. When he came back he was further brainwashed into fighting rebels. Totally convinced his son was a traitor, he was determined to fight to death.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I like to think Teo didn't want to see his son being executed as a common criminal, so he chose to fight to the death. That way, if he won, his son would die by his own hands, if he lost, his son will have proved that he surpassed himself. Teo was letting fate decide how it played out.

And how many other RPG heroes can say they've beaten their dad to death with a stick?
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sorry, I was just thinking with my fan-fic brain. I'm bad with making stories to begin with lol.

You guys are right :/. If not for Teo's death, everything would look forced/cramped and no balance at all. I guess it would have served "fate" very well and made the story fit more with the theme.

Oh and about the staff/sword thing, I was kidding.. Really, please believe me.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Teo died because of the Soul Eater. There's no way he would have died from his wounds on his own. The story needed his death, but the Rune assured it.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

yes, but we're discussing physical and emotional reasons behind it as well.

This is one of the reasons I'd like a remake of S1, with behind-the-scenes scenes, so we can see how Teo first reacts when he finds out his son has become a rebel.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

We definitely NEED a remake of S1, with a graphic style that matches S2, more action after you recruited Sonya, more challenge to get to Moravia Castle, and a much much much MUCH prettier Dwarf's vault!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yep, the dwarves vault could definitely use a makeover. Perhaps they could take influences from the Dwemmer constructions of Skyrim. And I would like a proper introduction/explanation to the creatures that Teo's armored cavalry ride on. Those were just so random, and we never see them beyond both skirmishes with Teo. Did the designers just rip off the Tauntaun things from Star Wars because they were easier to animate than horses? Maybe we could use some as mounts in combat. Or just replace them with normal horses. Whatever.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:And I would like a proper introduction/explanation to the creatures that Teo's armored cavalry ride on.
I've been thinking of those things as well! It's like real horses didn't existed in the Toran Republic lol. I've found some info about them: here and here.
Cong Phat

Post by Cong Phat »

But... Why Tir doesn't want to kill other generals? I mean they are completely controlled by Windy "Evil" Black Rune right? So They defiently want to kill Tir for sure aren't they?
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Cong Phat wrote:But... Why Tir doesn't want to kill other generals? I mean they are completely controlled by Windy "Evil" Black Rune right? So They defiently want to kill Tir for sure aren't they?
I think you answered your own question.

Tir doesn't want to kill the other generals because they are controlled. After their rune melts, they are confused because they didn't know they were doing something evil. Teo on the other hand is not controlled by the "black rune" so his motives are firm.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Seems the generals were lucky that Kirke wasn't the hero...
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Wolkendrache wrote:Seems the generals were lucky that Kirke wasn't the hero...
"You better don't end up under my axe."
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

"All I can do is cutting of heads. Are you sure you need me?"
"Yeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!"