Ted in your party after escaping from Gregminster? (Bug)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Ted in your party after escaping from Gregminster? (Bug)

Post by Sasarai10 »

What on earth it's going on here? I've came across a really weird bug today...here how it came up.

After returning home from your 2nd mission (capturing the bandits) i wanted to get 3 Cleo's quotes when she asks you how do you feel without your father. The quickest way was losing on purpose and get back to the last save point. Particularly i lost at the Tigerwolf mountain fighting against two giant snails...and when i came back...i saw sth really REALLY weird. Gremio was replaced by TED in my party. :o

And not only that...when Marie gives you shelter in her inn's top floor Gremio's sprite won't appear but he'll still talk normally...but unortunately the game was getting stuck at the point when Cleo and Gremio went downstairs in order to see what's going on. And of course only Cleo's sprite appeared :|

Too bad...i would really like to see if it was possible to have Ted in your party afterwards...i kept my save file though. Btw,the timer was around at 22 hrs of playtime....i guess this might have some meaning
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Ted in your party after escaping from Gregminster? (Bug)

Post by wataru14 »

This is a common bug, but I have no idea what causes it. I've gotten it many times, only my Gremio is usually replaced with Pahn. I've gotten Cleo replaced with Ted a few times as well. The game will crash when any dialogue scenes happen because it will recognize that the needed character is not there. One time I've even had Tor replaced with Gremio. That's right, I had two Gremios. Perish the thought. I could go into the menu screen, and I could stand perfectly still, but the game would crash if I tried to move in any direction.