Suikoden 1 speedrunning

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
TheeBlight

Suikoden 1 speedrunning

Post by TheeBlight »

Just wondering if anyone is interested in this. My current best for Any%(Glitchless) is 3:45:17. If anyone is wondering how long 100%(all 108) would take it would be under 4:30 with some practice and decent luck.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Suikoden 1 speedrunning

Post by Sasarai10 »

TheeBlight wrote:Just wondering if anyone is interested in this. My current best for Any%(Glitchless) is 3:45:17. If anyone is wondering how long 100%(all 108) would take it would be under 4:30 with some practice and decent luck.

I think someone could manage to pull it off within 3 hrs,no matter how many stars you have,just by using glitches,but legal glitches. I mean to play till the point you get to Gregminster palace,reach around level 60,then lose. Then all the early-game enemies would be easy,so you could beat them up just like that,but ,make sure you'll have enough money in order to bribe the bossses. :D
TheeBlight

Re: Suikoden 1 speedrunning

Post by TheeBlight »

Sasarai10 wrote:
TheeBlight wrote:Just wondering if anyone is interested in this. My current best for Any%(Glitchless) is 3:45:17. If anyone is wondering how long 100%(all 108) would take it would be under 4:30 with some practice and decent luck.

I think someone could manage to pull it off within 3 hrs,no matter how many stars you have,just by using glitches,but legal glitches. I mean to play till the point you get to Gregminster palace,reach around level 60,then lose. Then all the early-game enemies would be easy,so you could beat them up just like that,but ,make sure you'll have enough money in order to bribe the bossses. :D
Your probably right but that wouldn't be to fun would it. I also go by real time and not game time. This is a link to guides for each category and also the best known times.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... XLWc&gid=9