perfect game

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
LetsRock

perfect game

Post by LetsRock »

Hey, can i use the FAQ from ''A Backdated Future'' from Gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198843-suikoden/faqs to get a perfect game? It seems that this is a good source...

I saw already the missables list here (will use that too). Anything that i need to look as well? I would like to open all chests etc. and get all limited items and those you can miss and also want to do everything that you can do (getting every character to level 99) and then transfer this file over to Suikoden 2. Are the stats that you get if you level a character, are these random?

Sorry for my english and thanks.
Antimatzist

Re: perfect game

Post by Antimatzist »

Yes, stat growth is random, but within some limits (you can find a stat growth chart on the site). You cannot level up everybody to 99, except if you want to fight 200 fights to gain just one level.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

For the stat transfer and bonuses from SI to SII there is a FAQ on here. There are only 16 characters from 1 that make an appearance in 2 so its only those you need to make sure are LV99 with LV16 weapns for the best status boosts. And only the Hero from 1 transfers his armor over to 2, except for Humphrey and his Windspun set. Here is the link for it, hope it helps!! :)

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/bonuses.php

ED* As for "A Backdated Future"'s walk-through, it's the 1 I use!! :D I find it very concise and detailed. I really recommend it!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Yes, stat growth is random, but within some limits (you can find a stat growth chart on the site). You cannot level up everybody to 99, except if you want to fight 200 fights to gain just one level.

Or 100 if you use a fortune crystal :wink:

I've tried to do a perfect game,and i guess i've succeed. I have upgraded everyone's weapon to maximum level,talk to each stranger after every arc,fortunately S1 has very few people in each town,but i haven't reached everyone up to level 99. It's ultra boring and meaningless for a perfect game. :( The only characters you can have at level 99 in an instant are Kuromimi and Sheena,which has some meaning after all,consider it a game secret. :)
ItsDaveyJ

Post by ItsDaveyJ »

My limit to a "perfect game" for S1 is getting everyone's weapon's maxed, everyone to level 60, everyone with the most optimal rune on them, and best equipment on them (furthest I've gotten was about half the cast decked out). Anything other than that is just way too time consuming :/ Even getting the best gear is overkill. I wish the Suikoden series had something like an endgame dungeon only available on new game plus that will entertain and challenge you for levels 60-99. It's a whole 39 levels of wasted potential!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Or an arena like they did it in S4. :wink:

That would be the best way to have everyone at level 99 :D If i remember well the SEGA version of the game,has an arena but it's totally different,than this one in S4
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Another question: I was checking the bath guide here: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/guides/bath.php and have a question regarding this.

At the end i need:

- 6x Hex Dolls
- 6x Hex Doll & 2x Graffiti
- 6x Persian Lamp
- 1x Peeing Boy
- 6x (any combination of) Vase/Wide Urn/Octopus Urn/Celadon Urn/Black Urn/Blue Dragon Urn/Fine Bone China
& 2x (any combination of) Landscape Painting/Beauties of Nature

So that means i dont really need 6 Celadon Urns, just 6 Vases would be enough with 2 Landscape Paintings or Beauties of Nature?

But only the Celadon Urns are missable, right? That means that i can get the Vases, Wide Urns, Octopus Urns, Black Urns, Blue Dragon Urns, Fine Bone Chinas anytime when i reach the final save point?

What i mean is this:

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/gu ... tiques.php

You all see the items there? I checked the missables list and only the Octopus and Celadon urns are missables. That means, before i leave the starting area, i should have 6 celadon and 6 octopus urns, right? All other items listed there, is available at the end of the game? I mean the monsters, they will not disappear?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

It doesn't matter about the vases,they can be of any kind. But make sure to get 1 Octopus,and 1 Celadon for your inventory if you want a perfect game
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Yes, any antique besides Octopus and Celadon will drop at the end of the game.

While any vase will do the flower event in the bath, I prefer 6 Celadon Urns over any other combination, because this is the most rare setup I guess.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Thanks for the answers.

Another question: Since stats are random, is there a way to get the ''best'' stats when i reach Level 99? I want to get the maximum stats as possible for each character

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/gu ... growth.php

Lets take McDohl for example: When i reach Level 99, is it possible that McDohl will have the following stats at the same time?

PWR: 245
SKL: 246
DEF: 187
SPD: 246
MGC: 245
LUCK: 245
HP: 960

I guess this would be the maximum for McDohl, right?
Sorry for my english.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

It's possible, but the odds are extremely low. EXTREMELY low. Like almost too low to be calculated. And leveling to 99 would take a tremendously long time without a cheat device.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

wataru14 wrote:It's possible, but the odds are extremely low. EXTREMELY low. Like almost too low to be calculated. And leveling to 99 would take a tremendously long time without a cheat device.
If this is the case, would it not be better to use a cheat device on 2 instead and alter the returning characters stats at the start of the game so that they resemble the maximum that can be achieved through the loading of an S1 save? Surely there is a way to do this, and if anyone would know I guess it'd be Pyriel., no?
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

I got my McDohl up to level 99 and then used the stone trick to get him to his theoretical max stats, but it seems that it doesn't work on all versions (I have the downloadable version playable on PS3 found on the US PlayStation Network, but others with the same version said it doesn't work for them).
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

So i should not bother with perfect stats when im going for a perfect game? What yall other perfect gamer say about this? Should i ignore it (same applies to Suikoden 2, should i go for perfect stats there, or just ignore it too)?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Personally, I consider the rune piece trick as an exploit. I know this is highly debatable and I don't want to start the discussion here and now again! Its just my opinion. Therefor you cannot max power and skill stats due to the rune piece limitations.

Reaching level 99 alone is a very tedious task. More than 10 years ago, I leveled a full party to 99 manually, including McDohl who is not able to attach a Fortune Rune. Lets say I found this kind of ruminant ;) After that, unaware of the level boost trick in Moravia Castle, I used a turbo controller to do the work for the others. Some areas have places in which you can run against a wall while triggering encounters over and over. This works even for Mt. Seifu so you can let the game run the whole night and grab loads of Defense and Water Rune Pieces in the process :) This way I farmed areas with top equipment and rune pieces. Attach Water Rune Pieces on all party members or a Sunbeam Rune and you can stand even endgame areas.

Stats have no effect on Suikoden 2 whatsoever. But when the game came out, I practically ruined the whole (already easy enough) gameplay with my S1 all lv 99 save file :roll: