Forgot to recruit Esmeralda!

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
drstink

Forgot to recruit Esmeralda!

Post by drstink »

I realized right before the final scene with Windy resurrecting Gremio that Esmeralda was not recruited. I went to the inn in Antei and she's not there. I checked both floors. I already have the Opal. I really thought I recruited her earlier in the game but maybe I did and then didn't save... Anyway, is it too late for me to get her? How could she just disappear?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Forgot to recruit Esmeralda!

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yes you lost her...but don't worry just restart a new game,and make sure to recruit her this time.

But i find it strange that she dissapeared,because i recrutied Sonya once,after the final battle against Yuber
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Windy resurrecting Gremio??
drstink

Post by drstink »

Ok thanks for letting me know. I was afraid of that. Windy didn't resurrect Gremio, that was when I noticed something was up.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

He's questioning you because it's Leknaat that resurrects Gremio. If Windy does it in your game, you've got bigger problems than a missed optional recruit.
drstink

Post by drstink »

Right, Leknaat is what I meant. Also I figured this out. I had already recruited Esmeralda, it was Leon Silverberg I was missing. When I saw that I had one missing person I looked at the tablets and saw that the Chikai star was blank. When I looked at the character guide it said Esmeralda was the Chikai star and I didn't realize Leon was as well. User error on my end.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's not hard to make that mistake. It would have been nice if they'd differentiated in the Western versions somehow (font color, or hell they could have given them compass directions to keep the celestial feel), instead of just throwing up their hands and saying, "homophones, what can you do?"