Items that you can examine in the game?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
sticky-runes

Re: Items that you can examine in the game?

Post by sticky-runes »

Antimatzist wrote:@sticky-runes: I don't see where this adds a challenge. No magic run - ok, this would be ok. But no magic in major battles? Involves no skill to win as you can't use other strategies and it's luck based. It's like saying "Let's throw a dice, higher number wins, but if you throw a 6, it becomes a 1". It's not like this adds a challenge, it's just tedious.

The same with Viki. It's ok to call a game "finished", you can still play it just for etnertainment and don't have to come up with ridicolous challenges.
No, really? :shock: Did you miss the part where I said "You could just, you know, ENJOY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME" ?

I came up with those suggestions for Sasari's benefit, since he's the one who's been asking for ideas on new challenges and different ways to explore the game. Try paying attention to the discussion.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

No magic in S1 is very tough. Especially with no Soul Eater,unlike other Suikoden games,combat runes in S1 are very limited,and each character has only one free slot.

To tell the truth,i'm not fond of challenges that are made by yourself. For example Clive's quest in S2,is an official challenge. If it was like some stranger telling me to reach to Sajah village within 20 hrs,i'd not do it. I did it just because it's official. I have done every single "official" achievement in S1 i guess. I have talked to every single individual in towns and in your castle,examine all items...even finished Georges' game in all levels. except leveling all my characters up to level 99 of course which isn't an achievement. I tried to do it with S5 a year ago,but i got really sick and stopped when i got everyone up to level 70.

Antimatzist wrote:Well, then call yourself a Suikoden master, you did everytthing you can do in this game, it's not like we can invent new content to the game. ,9

You could play through the Saturn version and do Eikes arena or something. Learn coding and fix Suikoden's lazy translation. Anything! :D

Lol,actualy i can call myself a S1 master...i've not mastered the others yet. In the next few months i'm gonna do everything in S2 which is much more confusing and complicated than the first game. I guess it'll take me a lot of months in order to done everything eh?

I don't own a Saturn,btw...but i'd like to play Saturn's version once
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

sticky-runes wrote:No, really? :shock: Did you miss the part where I said "You could just, you know, ENJOY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME" ?

I came up with those suggestions for Sasari's benefit, since he's the one who's been asking for ideas on new challenges and different ways to explore the game. Try paying attention to the discussion.
Yeah, and I commented on your suggestions, no need to feel offended ;)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:No magic in S1 is very tough. Especially with no Soul Eater,unlike other Suikoden games,combat runes in S1 are very limited,and each character has only one free slot.

To tell the truth,i'm not fond of challenges that are made by yourself. For example Clive's quest in S2,is an official challenge. If it was like some stranger telling me to reach to Sajah village within 20 hrs,i'd not do it.
If you do it I'll give you a chocolate.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:

:lol:

I'd prefer some reward like,to make Barbarosa or Teo recrutiable in your next playthrough :P
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:

:lol:

I'd prefer some reward like,to make Barbarosa or Teo recrutiable in your next playthrough :P
Actually, yeah - that's what happens. if you, uh, use no magic throughout the entire game, then uh, it shows an image of Barbarossa posing with his sword and a message comes up saying "Congratulations! You have succeeded in completing Suikoden without the use of magic! You will now be able to recruit Barbarossa!" and uh, basically you can have him in your party right from the beginning and his rune makes him immune to all magical attacks from enemies. Yep, that's what happens. But you won't know until you do it. :wink:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Antimatzist wrote: Yeah, and I commented on your suggestions, no need to feel offended ;)
Sorry Antimatzist, I overreacted there :oops:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

In Suikoden 1, the only tangible reward you get for examining things (besides recruiting Lester, that is) is the 100 bits from the armor in the very beginning. And a few hidden healing spots (Neclord's coffins, riverside in the Village of the Hidden Rune). There are no other hidden items. I would like to see a list of the examinable things in the games that give you things.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

wataru14 wrote:In Suikoden 1, the only tangible reward you get for examining things (besides recruiting Lester, that is) is the 100 bits from the armor in the very beginning.
Plus the two bookshelves.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Oh yeah, those too.