Question about recruiting Antonio

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Question about recruiting Antonio

Post by Sasarai10 »

Is it true,that if you recruit Lester before recruiting Marie,she won't trigger the dialogue about needing a cook,so you can recruit Antonio? That makes some sense to me,because there is already a cook in the castle. I speaked to Marie,with Lester being already recruited, over 20 times and she didn't said about needing a cook.

So if it's true this makes Antonio missable character in some way...but i don't think many people would ever recruit Lester before Marie,so he won't be missed at all...i just did it,in order to view rarities such as Lester standing in a corner without being in the inn,and view the rare battle quotes from Sansuke,and Onil. :)
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Question about recruiting Antonio

Post by Celes »

I'm pretty sure I tested this years ago and Marie still asked for a cook, regardless of Lesters presence.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yes, what Celes said is correct based on my own experience. I remember the same thing
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Actually i recruited her,before the battle against Sonya...so i suppose you recruited her,before that point. :roll:
CVagts

Post by CVagts »

Is there a specific thing that will cause Marie to ask about a cook, or is it just random?