Getting Pahn at level 39 before battle with Teo easily

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Getting Pahn at level 39 before battle with Teo easily

Post by Sasarai10 »

Guys,i discovered sth really good yesterday,by accident,and i wanted to share it with you.
I was battling against various enemies in Soniere Prison,in order to get Tir at level 40,and recruit Eikei earlier,and try to get a Bonsai. After achieving level 40,and getting Eikei,but yet i didn't drop a Bonsai...so i decided to bring Pahn together to level him up and search for a Bonsai. Pahn was at level 17...once i entered a group of 3 Red Slimes,and 2 Nightmares appeared. I casted a Black Shadow spell to destroy them...and Pahn got to level 39,in an instant!!! I was quite shocked.

:D
sporefrog

Re: Getting Pahn at level 39 before battle with Teo easily

Post by sporefrog »

hey,I did the same in my perfect file run,but pahn was still level 1.first he went up to level 15,then after the second battle,level 31.the battle with teo was very close with level 31,but he did it:-)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I don't get all the hype, this has always been the case for all suikoden games. The exp and levelling system always works that way
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

gildedtalon wrote:I don't get all the hype, this has always been the case for all suikoden games. The exp and levelling system always works that way
I always hated this "levelling-system".this makes low level runs (almost) impossible in every suiko game.

you can always do some crazy tricks in other rpg series(final fantasy,breath of fire,secret of mana,lufia,)to stay at low level for maximum challenge,but suikoden dont let you do this :(
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Why would you aim for low-level runs in Suikoden?

FF games allow to get away with low levels because there are a lot of game-breaking things most people don't know about that you can do to finish the game at the lowest level possible.

I like Suikoden's leveling system as it is. You don't have to worry about under-leveled party members anymore since they can easily keep up. And plus, EXP grinding in the FF series is such a pain in the rear that I never bothered unless I have to.

And besides, gunning for a low-level run in Suikoden makes it much harder for you to finish the game than in the FF series because there are no insane outside-of-the-box tactics like to use (e.g. manipulate enemy levels until you can kill them in one shot) and the enemies are more likely to rape you faster than you can choose Run Away.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

ninjaluc has good points. With 70+, in some games even 80+ combat characters, you need a fast level-up system.

You can't do real low level runs in Suikoden anyway because bosses will level up your party by huge amounts. The exception might be Suikoden with its bribe glitch. But then again, you'd need to exploit Marco's glitch in the beginning as much as possible, so it's not even a challenge, just tiresome...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Just play harder games if you really want a challenge, no matter how hard you try to handicap yourself, it will always be simple enough and easy especially if you've been playing the suikoden series since childhood like me. I love this series but still no suikoden 6 :cry:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yep, even though some people in these boards tried to make some games more challenging, the real challenge is to make a Suikoden game challenging, hehe.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Antimatzist wrote:Yep, even though some people in these boards tried to make some games more challenging, the real challenge is to make a Suikoden game challenging, hehe.
haha,what a post...but its true!!! :D

low level games are (along with the "kniferuns" in resident evil games) my favorite challenges in all possible games.so its a shame,this is not possible in suikoden.well it IS possible,as you can see in my level 1 mcdohl run:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =8&t=13422

...but its not the real thing...keeping the hero dead the hole game is not a "nice" low level game :?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

My favorite Suikoden challenge so far is using under-used characters (i.e. characters that most people never use). It's real fun, though frustrating at times, but at least it's more difficult than using your favorite characters because it's much harder to optimize characters with little to no optimization potential, and much so in Suikoden 1 because there is only one rune slot for everyone.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

this is exactly what I did in the insane challenge run.I would NEVER use kuromimi in a normal playthrough,but with the right setup,he turns into a little killer-kobold and rules the entire game solo.this is only possible with a few stars,and its a challenge on its own,to discover the right stars for "solo-missions":-)
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Kuromimi can be turned into a solid tank thanks to his armor selection, which includes the necklaces which only Kobolds like him and Gon can wear. So yeah, he can finish the game pretty much solo.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

ninjaluc79 wrote:Kuromimi can be turned into a solid tank thanks to his armor selection, which includes the necklaces which only Kobolds like him and Gon can wear. So yeah, he can finish the game pretty much solo.
its not that simple.
the necklaces have high defense,but later in the game,magic defense is much more important.since he has a bad magic defense and he cannot push it high with armor,he must finish the enemies(AND bosses) as fast as possible,before they kill him.

this is the reason,why kuromimi is a real badass:

1.high skill:he dont miss when attacking,he has a very high evade rate
2.high luck:critical hit rate up
3.high speed:he allways acts first in the battle,only the whip master is faster
4.thunder rune pieces:critial hit rate up
5.killer rune:critical hit rate up

every 2th or 3th attack will be a critical hit(I even saw 3 or 4 criticals in a row against some bosses),and this is the key for a kuromimi solo game :D
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Kuromimi and Gon aren't that bad actually. Try using Sansuke,Antonio,Lester and Sergei against tough bosses like the shell in Shasarazade,and defeating Sonya afterwards. This is a real dare...can you do it? 8) :lol:
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Sasarai10 wrote:Kuromimi and Gon aren't that bad actually. Try using Sansuke,Antonio,Lester and Sergei against tough bosses like the shell in Shasarazade,and defeating Sonya afterwards. This is a real dare...can you do it? 8) :lol:
lol,what about a sergei-solo run? :lol: