Recruit Lorelai before getting HQ?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Recruit Lorelai before getting HQ?

Post by Sasarai10 »

I don't know if this is possible,but i've noticed that as soon as you have access to Kouan,you have the option to recruit or not recruit Lorelai...all you need to recruit her is to be at least level 25..you can achieve level 25 earlier in the game,via hard training at the great forest.

Has anyone tried this? If it's possible do you get any extra dialogue from her,during your first entry in Toran Lake's castle?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Recruit Lorelai before getting HQ?

Post by wataru14 »

If this is possible, she would be have to be absent from the scenes in the castle. She isn't a plot character so I would assume she has no dialogue written for those scenes and her sprite wouldn't be programmed into them, either. It would be interesting to see if it can be done, although there would be no real advantage to doing so. Your party for the Toran Castle Basement is full (all six characters are locked) and there's no party management character even if it wasn't locked. The only advantage would be to have her as a party option while sneaking into Lepant's House, but you can do that anyway if you wait until after getting your castle to recruit her. Still, it would be interesting to see if it's possible.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

She calls you a weakling then. It is the same speech she gives you with a castle and below lv 25.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:She calls you a weakling then. It is the same speech she gives you with a castle and below lv 25.

That's really strange....why you have the option to recruit Lorelai before getting your HQ,but you don't have the option with other early recruits like Sansuke or Maas for example?
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

maybe because lorelai does nothing in the castle,but the other two have a "job" in toran?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sporefrog wrote:maybe because lorelai does nothing in the castle,but the other two have a "job" in toran?

Then in that case when you speak to Kai,who does nothing in the castle,you don't have the option to recruit him or not.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Lorelei looks strong, so McDohl always wants to recruit her...... but he looks weak ;)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

555 posts and 5555 posts, like father and son :D
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account