suikoden insane challenge

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
sporefrog

suikoden insane challenge

Post by sporefrog »

hello everybody,

I am new here in this forum but I enjoy this website since many years.its the best suikoden site on the entire web:-)
I always search new challenges in my favorite games(resident evil,final fantasy,breath of fire,zelda and of course suikoden)and this time,I finished suikoden 1 in a way,I never tried before.I just call this run the "insane challenge"...

rules:

1.minimum recruitment run
only automatic recruits are allowed,no optionals.

2.maximum kills in war battles
kill 6 people in the war battles,more than 6 is impossible

3.hero level 1 run
finish the game with a level 1 tir mcdohl

4.every character,who stays alive until the end of the game may not receive exp points
that means,only ted,odessa,gremio,pahn and one other character(kuromimi) may be used in the entire game

5.no magic runes
each rune,which allows you to cast spells is forbidden

6.no bribe trick
ever enemy in the game must be bribed "normally"

7.every character must join you with the lowest level possible
this will happen automatically with a level 1 mc dohl,exept kurumimi who will join with level 99

8.solo run
after pahns death,you may only use kuromimi until the end of the game

9.no stat rune piece cheating
you may only use this method to increase mcdohl defense,so he can survive the kwanda and teo duels with level 1

9.no cheating at all
no gameshark,and if played on an emulator,no savestates,tool assists,...

this challenge was very difficult,but it was also the most entertaining challenge ever.

I will post some pics from my run soon.here is my last savepoint in gregminster:

my insane challenge video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grfNu2c0J8
Last edited by sporefrog on Sun May 12, 2013 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: suikoden insane challenge

Post by Celes »

According to your rules, you can use Kuromini at lv 99 with 9 water rune pieces for the most part of the game. Before that, you are free to use full equiped Gremio with some water rune pieces as well.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

What??? You've been in Kirov at only level 1? How did you defeat Kwanda at such low level? I tried doing it last year,but i always got killed by him.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@celes
yes,that is true,but kuromimi will not gain water rune pieces.gremio needs them,because dragon zombie and later gigantes would be (almost) impossible to beat without them.

@sasarai
the first save file is my normal 100% perfect run
second is a save with a very strange and I think until today unknow bug in the game(will explain later with pics or maybe with a video)
third is right after finding the 100% item drop pattern for defense rune pieces at mt. tigerwolf
the next two are right before the kwanda and teo duels
the last is my save before golden hydra

I made some kind of "photodiary" of the entire run.will post the pics later:-)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

sporefrog wrote:I made some kind of "photodiary" of the entire run.will post the pics later:-)
Don't, DO NOT post it, just post your videos instead
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

sporefrog wrote:@celes
yes,that is true,but kuromimi will not gain water rune pieces.gremio needs them,because dragon zombie and later gigantes would be (almost) impossible to beat without them.
The one doesn't exclude the other.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Why so much love for Kuromimi? In a couple of the challenge rules you say that only Kuromimi can be used or gain XP. Why him? Is it a manner of personal preference? He's not the best auto recruit, but he's not the worst by a long shot (Kamandol/Liukan). Is it just because he's so average across the board in stats or is there some other reason?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:Why so much love for Kuromimi? In a couple of the challenge rules you say that only Kuromimi can be used or gain XP. Why him? Is it a manner of personal preference? He's not the best auto recruit, but he's not the worst by a long shot (Kamandol/Liukan). Is it just because he's so average across the board in stats or is there some other reason?

You know you can recruit Kuromimi at level 99 before capturing Pannu Yakuta,if Tir is still at level 99. I've done it once,and he can be very helpful...but Liukan is as bad as Kamandol??? I don't think so...Liukan is a mediocre mage,but not that awful...the worst character in the game is Sansuke i guess.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

wataru14 wrote:Why so much love for Kuromimi? In a couple of the challenge rules you say that only Kuromimi can be used or gain XP. Why him? Is it a manner of personal preference? He's not the best auto recruit, but he's not the worst by a long shot (Kamandol/Liukan). Is it just because he's so average across the board in stats or is there some other reason?
I hate kurumimi :D

no,the main reason was,that I wanted to finish this game with as many "unused" characters as possible at the lowest levels.I bought this game when it was released back in the day and I played it(and suiko 2) countless times,so there is nothing new in this game for me.but I still love it,and so I tried to search for new challenges.my solo mcdohl challenge was very cool but too easy.my pahn solo challenge was impossible(he cannot beat golden hydra alone,not even on level 99),a minimum recruitment run is funny but also,its nothing new.
so why not play this game with ALL sick challenge rules togheter? :D
there is only one rule,which is missing,and that would be a 100% item run,but this just annoying without rock(storage) and without mcdohl-kai combo for fast wins.

a REAL low level run would mean,I must level up mcdohl to level 2,so kurumini joins at level 1,but what do you do after pahns death?you have no character,who can survive the last battles(or even survive anything long enough),and if you want a low level game,kurumini is the only possible hero for this game,because he will never level up.sheena would be better of course,but he is optional.

I must allways smile,when I see golden hydra videos on youtube or read something like that in several forums with a full powered 6 men party,everyone far over level 60 and they still have trouble with the boss.
well,I have a final party containing viktor(lv. 7),flik(lv.5),milia(lv.3),stallion(lv.16) and a stupid little kobold named kurumimi who beats the hydra senseless solo without magic runes and without status rune increases :lol:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Ah, so its the join at 99 glitch. I get it.

As for Liukan/Kamandol, both have the same Magic (which is average) and Skill (which is very high for both). Liukan has good Luck, but otherwise all of their other stats are average or below average. Nothing extraordinary about either. While it's debatable over who is worse overall, there's little doubt they're both pretty lousy when compared to other auto recruits like Valeria, Eileen, Alen/Grenseal, Flik, Kasim, etc.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Don't forget that Kuromimi is the 1/3 of the Kobold+1 Attack which is one of the strongest attacks in the game,for a single enemy...say if you get him at level 99,this combo attack will be really massive won't it?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

But since Gon and Fu Su Lu are opional, they can't be used in this challenge.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

So,how much is the minimum number of recruits to finish the game? 46 of them are non-optional...Gremio and Pahn will die,so we have 44.

Other characters that are killable are:

Luc,Valeria,Griffith,Eileen,Grenseal,Alan,Tesla,Juppo,Taggart,Ronnie Bell.

So the number of the characters who won't die are 34...so i wonder,is it possible to kill them all? You can kill up to 6 characters in a single war battle or in the whole game?

Interesting challenge though...after completing my current playthrough, i'm gonna give a try to your challenge 8)

edit: Another hard challenge would be,to get every single battle quote from each character...that's a true dare :lol:

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/gu ... attles.php

Man this game has a lot things to do,more than getting the perfect ending....
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

UPDATE:

you can find the challenge video in my first post now:-)

@sasarai
the mimimum number of stars is 37.
there are 45 auto recruits.without gremio,pahn and the 6 war battle deaths,37 remain on lucs stone tablet. at the end of the game.

you can kill 6 stars in one run,not per battle.
you can kill stars in 4 war battles.one in the first,one at the nothern checkpoint,two during the sonja battle and the last two while fighting yuber.more is impossible.

you CAN kill luc,but if you do,you cannot finish this challenge,because you MUST use him to still be able to win against sonja and yuber.so if you start this challenge someday,dont kill him.you will screw your challenge up...