Warnings about use of The Holy Rune

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
darkeningtouch

Warnings about use of The Holy Rune

Post by darkeningtouch »

Really hate how slow that Mcdohl kid walks in this game. That being said, you can glitch and get stuck in you're enviroment with the Holy Rune.

Today after playing for a few hours without saving, i got stuck on the wall next to the stairs to the upper left of the Blacksmith building in the city "Teien" where you recruit Eikei. Did everything i could do to get free but it wasn't happening.

Also, if you run back and forth between Varkas and Sydonia as they are tied up in rockland and the screen will violently shake back and forth causing a headache and possibly seizures in some individuals i imagine... you can also cause this "Violent Shaking" in a spot at the Entrance outside neclords castle somewhere.
freshmetal

Re: Warnings about use of The Holy Rune

Post by freshmetal »

Hmmm... I've played through the first Suikoden maybe a dozen times and have never seen this happen. I'm not accusing you lying or anything like that, just saying that it must be a fluke glitch that occurred.

As for the "violent shaking", if its what I'm thinking of, I've used it to farm Water Rune Pieces on Mt. Tigerwolf.
PSN: FreshMetal80
sporefrog

Re: Warnings about use of The Holy Rune

Post by sporefrog »

darkeningtouch wrote:Really hate how slow that Mcdohl kid walks in this game. That being said, you can glitch and get stuck in you're enviroment with the Holy Rune.

Today after playing for a few hours without saving, i got stuck on the wall next to the stairs to the upper left of the Blacksmith building in the city "Teien" where you recruit Eikei. Did everything i could do to get free but it wasn't happening.

Also, if you run back and forth between Varkas and Sydonia as they are tied up in rockland and the screen will violently shake back and forth causing a headache and possibly seizures in some individuals i imagine... you can also cause this "Violent Shaking" in a spot at the Entrance outside neclords castle somewhere.
I tried it myself and indeed,there is no way out from this spot in teien:

very strange...