Tengaar ending

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Tengaar ending

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote: Milich and Kwanda can also appear in that scene but we have the choice to kill them ourselves, i guess looking at cutscenes isnt a safe way to check.

And Sonya can appear too.

But note,that Kasim will appear whether you use him in your last party or not. On the other hand the other 3 generals will appear only if you don't use them in your last party. :wink:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote: But note,that Kasim will appear whether you use him in your last party or not. On the other hand the other 3 generals will appear only if you don't use them in your last party. :wink:
Nope. I've done it without any generals in my final party, and they all show up. And I've done it with generals in my party, and they just step out of the hero and do the same thing, and they get back in the party when you make your escape.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
Nope. I've done it without any generals in my final party, and they all show up. And I've done it with generals in my party, and they just step out of the hero and do the same thing, and they get back in the party when you make your escape.

Are you sure about this?

I've used the 3 other generals once in my final party,except Kasim,and only Kasim appeared in that certain scene. In another playthrough,i've used only Kasim in my final party without even recruiting the other 3,and Kasim steped out of Tir.

So i guess Kasim's dialogue with Barbarosa is non-optional,or it depends on which version of the game you have. I've got PAL.

Oh btw,when you make escape they'll still stand there everyone. They won't join your party when you escape.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've got PAL as well, and they definitely escaped with me. Maybe I'll try again to make sure.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I don't think Tengaars second ending is available. I extracted all the quotes, war battles and endings, out of the game code.

So why does it exist at all? Several things are changed during the development, so there are leftovers all over the place. Same goes for the death quotes. It takes more investment to check, which characters can die instead of writing lines for all of them. Take a look at Pahn and Gremio. At least they have no attack quote, because it was 120% clear that the hero is always in front of them. Aside from that, they didn't bother to check the rest.

Gon actually has a second ending too. This is no mistake in my list. But it has exact the same text. Perhaps the space was given in case Kuromimi dies, so he will have a special statement for that. But in this case, they noticed it was unobtainable and decided to at least fill it up with the same text, only to make sure there won't be an empty line in case this can be triggered somehow after all.

I listed them all, due to their rareness (try to get Kanaks death quote, which is possible, or Sanchos ending, which is not that hard but a very nice detail indeed if you manage to unlock it) or just because some lines are quite nice, and you will never be able to see them throughout normal gameplay ...