Enemy Drop Rates

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
PerfectSystem

Enemy Drop Rates

Post by PerfectSystem »

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/gu ... stiary.php

I don't understand which number is the enemy's real drop rate.

In the first instance, as listed in the "Loot table", the "probability" for the three respective slots is listed as 1% for Slot 1, 2% for Slot 2, and 3% for Slot 3.

In the actual bestiary entries, the "rarity" of the enemy dropping that weapon (I assume?) is listed as a decimal rather than a flat percentage listed in the "Loot table".

Which one of these numbers is the correct and actual drop rate for said item?

Or do both play into some calculation which results in an abysmal drop rate?

Why are two separate values even listed?
ricecake

Re: Enemy Drop Rates

Post by ricecake »

I think the "Loot table" entry is more like "slot 1 has drop rate 1, expressed as a percentage", and so on, not that slot 1 has a 1% drop rate. It's just a placeholder.
PerfectSystem

Post by PerfectSystem »

ricecake wrote:I think the "Loot table" entry is more like "slot 1 has drop rate 1, expressed as a percentage", and so on, not that slot 1 has a 1% drop rate. It's just a placeholder.
Then does that mean that the actual percentages listed are the actual drop rates? For example, I'd receive a Mangosh every 120th fight or so?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

PerfectSystem wrote:
ricecake wrote:I think the "Loot table" entry is more like "slot 1 has drop rate 1, expressed as a percentage", and so on, not that slot 1 has a 1% drop rate. It's just a placeholder.
Then does that mean that the actual percentages listed are the actual drop rates? For example, I'd receive a Mangosh every 120th fight or so?
The drop rates at the entries are the actual drop rates. So yeah, the chance to get a mangosh at devil's armor is 0,65%.

The template above the list ist just an example.
PerfectSystem

Post by PerfectSystem »

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Perhaps the website should be changed to reflect that the "Loot table" is merely an example. The different terminology used is also slightly confusing.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

You are right about this. Adjusted the legend.
PerfectSystem

Post by PerfectSystem »

Celes wrote:You are right about this. Adjusted the legend.
I was speaking moreso about the use of "Probability" versus "Rarity". Those should probably be the same word, but your current fix is good enough to prevent most confusion.