Every dungeon, I always grind first until I can let go

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
gildedtalon

Every dungeon, I always grind first until I can let go

Post by gildedtalon »

So you guys also did the same? This game seems very hard to me compared to other games on the series :( It seems as if I didn't upgrade to the latest equipment every single time, I simply have no chance fighting against normal encounters

That's why I always ended up grinding for a long time to the point I can let go of the enemy :?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Re: Every dungeon, I always grind first until I can let go

Post by Antimatzist »

The hardest point of the game are some bosses and the first time you leave Gregminster. After that, I don't feel that challenged. But yeah, it's one of the harder games of the series.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I've always thought that the Zombie Dragon was the toughest battle. After that I found the game gradually become easier. By the end of the game, I don't find there's much challenge to it. Obviously it depends on what level you are, but by the end of the game, most regular characters are around 55-60 and if not, it is only a few fights until they're around the same level.

Zombie Dragon, however, tough cookie.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Oh yes, the Zombie Dragon is maybe the toughest battle in Suikoden history. I remember that most of the time I end up with maybe 1-2 characters barely alive at the end of the battle.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Everytime i play, i recall always get annoyed by random encounters in Lepant mansion, those trick robots then fortune wheel aren't very easy.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

I agree, S1 is harder on some arcs making I have to grind first. S2 and S3 lol, early games you already have party members with decent unites or attacks/runes plus you have more than 1 rune slots that make you WTF...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

The wheel in the Lepant mansion indeed is annoying. The robots aren't too tough to deal with though. I did find some of the mobs in Crystal Valley to pack a punch and getting Mace wasn't entirely the easiest of tasks either.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

gildedtalon wrote:So you guys also did the same? This game seems very hard to me compared to other games on the series :( It seems as if I didn't upgrade to the latest equipment every single time, I simply have no chance fighting against normal encounters

That's why I always ended up grinding for a long time to the point I can let go of the enemy :?
Same here with me. Always grind until my party can let go of the enemy and all my party have the best eq available and their weapon sharpened to the most high available. Thats why I only finished each game 2 or max 5 times.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Dragamon10

Post by Dragamon10 »

I never really grinded at all In Suikoden except to recruit Elkei. To this day I'll boot up my old save and try fighting the Golden Hydra with different combonation's of characters and all I have to do is go through the palace and keep the week guys in the back. By the time Im at the Emperor there at about Level 50-60
Its not over till the Emperor Die's-my thoughts during Suikoden's final battle.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

If you don't wish to fight random enemies,try to make money from Chinchichorin (Gaspar's game) and bribe every random enemy.

Antimatzist wrote:Oh yes, the Zombie Dragon is maybe the toughest battle in Suikoden history. I remember that most of the time I end up with maybe 1-2 characters barely alive at the end of the battle.
Yes,it's very difficult because your party is limited,and you don't have any runes available,except that fire rune that Leknaat gave you in the beggining of the game.

Funny thing is that the final boss is very much easier,besides being the "final" one.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I always had a lot of trouble with Neclord
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I always had a lot of trouble with Neclord

He is not that difficult...i remember except the main party,i have used Hellion and Flik,the first time i played it,and i have equipped a flowing rune to Cleo,to do her healing job.

Just keep in mind to use only Viktor in the first turn,in order to strike him with the S.D. sword,to be vulnarable,and then use your best magic moves (offensive and defensive)
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Like some of you, I always upgrade my armor and weapons to their max as soon as I'm able to before continuing the story. Not because of the game's difficulty, but because I'm a little OCD about details like armor and weapons. I can't go on with inferior equipment.

As for the hardest boss, I always had the most touble with Sonya. The enemies in Shasarazade were strong and you had to fight her right after fighting another boss.
PSN: FreshMetal80
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Its not that I can't defeat Neclord, after playing this game as many times as I have, its no where near as difficult. Its just that he above most other boss's in the game was one I had to actually watch myself against, cuz he could and would kill me
Eltaire

Post by Eltaire »

The difficulty spike in this game is incredibly steep at some points.

For example, the enemies around the Gregminster area are a cakewalk compared to the enemies around Kaku and Seika when you first get there.

Also, the enemies in the Castle on Toran Lake are even more difficult. Then there's the trick enemies in Lepant's mansion.

I am a little OCD with grinding sometimes, so I have been making sure to get the best equipment for all my party members before moving on in the game.