Odessa's Death Scene

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
TheNewTeddy

Re: Odessa's Death Scene

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Antimatzist wrote:Ok, I have to say that from my memory, I also think I saw a scene like that, but it has been years that I played the game for the last time. I watched part of a German Let's Play, but the scene wasn't included there either, so it must be bad memory
Could have been a dream. I had a dream about a video game once and tried all day to replicate what happened - thinking it had happened very late the previous night - and could not. Eventually concluded it was a dream.
Pesmerga2013

Post by Pesmerga2013 »

I also remember seeing this scene with the body floating down the sewer river then fading out, admittedly every subsequent playthrough this has not happened.
possibly special circumstances dictate if you get to see this or not? to be fair i have no way to prove this but i remember seeing it.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You can see Odessa being buried in the sewer. It happens like this: http://youtu.be/S7zuMMuFjpA?t=57s
Askeroth

Post by Askeroth »

Pesmerga2013 wrote:I also remember seeing this scene with the body floating down the sewer river then fading out, admittedly every subsequent playthrough this has not happened.
possibly special circumstances dictate if you get to see this or not? to be fair i have no way to prove this but i remember seeing it.
I know I'm not insane. I even found another website that mentions seeing her float away.

http://www.hobbyhub360.com/index.php/su ... -psp-9035/
You will find Odessa lying on the ground bleeding to death after being attacked by an Imperial Soldier. The soldier was about to kill a child, but Odessa took the blow and is now dying. When you inspect her, Flik will be mortified and she will ask you to take her earring and become the new leader of the Liberation Army following your conversation with her at Sarady. You have to agree and you will then place her body in the river and watch her float away. The Liberation Army will then disband for the time being with Flik vanishing to mourn the loss of his one love and the others stating they will meet up with your shortly.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Maybe in the Saturn version? I have been playing the American Playstation version of Suikoden 1 since 1996 (still have my original disc) and that scene has never occurred.
TheeBlight

Post by TheeBlight »

I remember seeing the same scene as a child, but I only saw it on the copy I rented at my local Blockbuster when I got my own copy I never saw it again. :(
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

This sounds familiar, and I think I may have seen this scene as well. But the first time I played it was also a rented copy from a local shop. Could this be the reason? Before it was for sale it was rent-able and then some slight changes were made before they released it for purchase? I doubt there is a way to check this though. Anyone else seen this 'extra' scene or have a comment on this?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Collective delusion most likely. They released two versions of Suikoden in the US, and they're identical aside from some odd, cosmetic tweaks. I'm not even really sure why the second version came out. It was probably a second run of the disc, but why they made any changes at all is a mystery. Mainly they shuffled some things around and introduced another, minor bug. Unless there was a bootleg of a pre-release copy floating around, or a demo for which nobody has production details, there's no chance. It seems unlikely that any such thing exists without somebody cataloging it, or possessing a copy, since half a dozen people think they played it. Although, maybe you all bought the, "ODESSA Drowned," version at different garage sales.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Loooooooooooooool. That's the first time I've ever read the BEN Drowned story, and maybe you have a point! :P
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

I think it's the sound that makes the OP think there's an extra scene. I don't remember a scene, only the splashing sound effects :/