Bug Fixes

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Antimatzist

Re: Bug Fixes

Postby Antimatzist » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Ok, I cannot recreate it. Now that I looked again at my footage, Kirkis wears a Champion Rune, but I'm sure I had it ebfore with a Holy Rune as well.

OR I don't see the movement on the world map as faster. Somehow, I thought you'd need to press the O button as well on the world map, but it's automatic? So maybe I just went a bit crazy yesterday.

ninjaluc79

Postby ninjaluc79 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 am

Pyriel wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:-some other spell descriptions are slightly incorrect.

I've never seen spell descriptions in this game. Are you sure you're not thinking of Suikoden 2?

Suikoden Patch

This patch is for the US version 1.0 game. If the patch is free of problems, I will port it to other versions. The easiest way to tell what version you have is to load the disc (or mount/explore the ISO) and look at the file dates for SLUS_002.92 and MAIN.EXE. If they're from 1996, you have version 1.0. If they're from 1997, then it's version 1.1. Version 1.1 also has one extra bug (that I know of) that will cause a flickering line to appear at the top of the screen in most emulators, but not typically on TVs when played on real hardware.

I think I will try to auto-detect version 1.0 vs. 1.1 when both are supported. For now, the patcher can't distinguish by itself, since both have the same serial number.

The patch contains everything I could recreate and get working so far.
  1. Bribery Glitch fixed. You can still skip the messages, but bribery fails if the battle should not allow it.
  2. Clay Guardian effects restored. By default, the patch will utilize base defense for the character. I believe this is the intent, but I've allowed total defense as an option. The total defense version opens the door to an exploit, where the bonus will be compounded every time the spell is used, e.g. 100 total defense becomes 150, with the next cast defense is increased to 225, and so on. The base defense version is not exploitable.
  3. Guardian of Earth effects restored. The notes from Clay Guardian apply to this as well.
  4. Krin and Stallion will no longer start with Escape Talismans that can be used many times.

I was not able to recreate the "Try Again" issue with either US version. I don't know what BadPotato's videos are meant to show, so I don't even know if there's a bug there that needs to be looked into.

Hmm, exploitable Clay Guardian? Sounds sweet, but could break the game. One time cast should be enough to make Earth mages A LOT more useful.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.

KFCrispy
Global Admin

Postby KFCrispy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:35 pm

having near infinite DEF in like 5 turns is just a waste of effort... it hardly "breaks" anything. we already know the game is easy, but it's easy because you overwhelm the enemy with attacks, not because of defense.

Flash Strife

Postby Flash Strife » Thu May 26, 2016 1:12 am

Bumping an old thread here but anyone have that patch Pyriel linked to? It's not on the main site and that link doesn't have the patch anymore.

Pyriel
Webmaster

Postby Pyriel » Fri May 27, 2016 7:47 am

I'll find the original archive and upload it to my new domain sometime this weekend.

Flash Strife

Postby Flash Strife » Sat May 28, 2016 11:37 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Pyriel
Webmaster

Postby Pyriel » Tue May 31, 2016 7:53 am

Return to “Suikoden I”