Suikoden I Character Stats

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
ninjaluc79

Suikoden I Character Stats

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Suikoden_1_Lv1.zip
Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
gildedtalon

Re: Suikoden I Character Stats

Post by gildedtalon »

I found a typo, Kreutz is named Kruetz in your file
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Well, yeah. Thanks.

To be honest, Ted and Odessa would be difficult to extract the final stats from since they don't normally join the party in the end-game. But when I looked at their stat growths, they are potential Game Breakers as they have superior stats on every area.

I've been looking for game saves with Ted and Odessa in the party, but they've been hacked to have 255 in all stats and 999 HP. Not fun. What I'm looking for is a game save with Ted and Odessa in the party, but NOT hacked to have max stats.

Odessa has 08 SKL, 08 SPD, and 07 MAG (same MAG as Tengaar and Hellion)
Ted has 07 SKL and 07 MAG.
Suikoden_1_Lv1.zip
Fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

so you just want level 99 stats without using any stone whatsoever?

plain grinding to lvl 99 and then check the stats?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

No, not exactly 99 without stones. But rather, LEVEL 60 WITHOUT STONES AND STAT-ENHANCING EQUIPMENTS, since I can already predict the level 99 stats off level 60 stats. I did grind all my characters to level 60 only since not everyone can be grinded to 99 normally.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

so that only leaves Ted and Odessa whom you never get to lvl 60 coz they leave so early in the game?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Sort of.

Well, I was thinking of grinding them to level 20 early game (via rubber-band technique which IMO is nigh impossible with an emulator), but the problem is I won't be able to bring Ted and Odessa past Kwaba, since the Great Forest Village is the one recommended for that tactic.

My stat growth list is almost complete now, with the exception of HP growths, since I found the hex values in the game save a little confusing.

Suikoden II HP Growth 06 for example, registers in S1 as HP Growth 05, and Viktor's HP Growth in Suikoden 1 is most likely 09, but it is listed as HP Growth 06 Mode 2.

Although Viktor's HP peak REALLY HIGH, with 400+ HP at level 20 (McDohl has ~200 HP at that level), it slows down to a ~620 HP by level 60, less than McDohl's ~680 HP at level 60.

Also, I have uncovered the mystery that abounds Gremio's STR growth. It is registered in the hex editor as HEX 0D (DEC 13). Stat Growth 13 has the following growth and average values, with the percentages the chances of getting the higher value:

Starting Stat: 17
Level 1-19: 2-3 (75%)
Level 19: ~65 (same value as Stat Growth 05)
Level 20-59: 0-1 (60%)
Level 59: ~90 (same value as Stat Growth 02)
Level 60-99: 2-3 (60%)
Level 99: ~195 (same final value as Stat Growth 06)
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Isn't it possible to gameshark Ted and Odessa into the party for grinding to 99 with?

Or using an instant level 99 code at the beginning of the game on them?
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

Thanks for this! Unfortunately I don't quite understand how to use it. I have been trying to get all my characters up to level 99, then once they are there, using the stat rune trick to max out their stats according to what their max should be on here (http://suikosource.com/games/gs1/guides/statgrowth.php), but I think I read a previous post from you saying that the guide is slightly off, which is why you are doing what you are doing?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

That's right. Several Level 1 stats in the S1 guide are off by as much as +/- 10 points, so that's why I'm making a new stat guide.

I'm expecting to finish grinding everyone but Ted and Odessa to level 60 anytime tonight, so I could post my Level 60 stats by the next morning at the earliest.

Still haven't figured how to cheat Level 1 Ted and Odessa into my game save, though.

Also, I have already created a stats simulator for Suikoden 2, but it hasn't been updated with equipment and weapons yet. I'm considering making one for Suikoden 1 as well.
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

Thanks, so just so I'm not confused, are the growth rates in the guide correct? It's just the starting values that may be off?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Done!
Suikoden_1_Stats.zip
Made a Suikoden 1 Stat Sim too, but it isn't updated with runes, armors and weapons, yet, as with my Suikoden 2 Stat Sim. But the Randomizer engine is already done, so feel free to play with it.

Also, if you encounter any bugs or discrepancies with the file, please do tell me.

Thanks,

Judas Martel
Makaveli137

Post by Makaveli137 »

Hello.
You did a great work, but I have a problem : I'd like to know the maximum possible stats for every character at a given level (60 for example), but I can't seem to find the growth rates' values (I read in several posts that the values showed in the site's guide were wrong). I tried to use the randomizer, but it doesn't give the max stats for each level (at least I think). It's also possible that I misunderstood some stuff. I'd be glad if you could explain it to me. Thanks!
"If God doesn't exist in this world, I will create God with my own hands..." Krelian, Xenogears

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Why do you want to know the maximum stats for each character, if I may ask?

You can see the stat growth table in those documents if you search well enough. If you do, you can see that they are in decimals. Round up everything to the nearest integer (e.g. 2.25 rounds UP to 3, not 2), and you're set.
Makaveli137

Post by Makaveli137 »

Thanks for you answer.
To answer to your question, I was planning on doing another "perfect" run through the game. I already had all the character wearing the best equipments/runes in a previous playthrough and I'd like another challenge. So I was thinking I could try and level all the characters up to, at least, 60, and use the stat stones trick for them to have their maximum theoretically possible stats at that level.
Anyway, just to be clear, if I change the values in the MP table by rounding everything up, the randomizer will give me the stats I'm looking for, right?
"If God doesn't exist in this world, I will create God with my own hands..." Krelian, Xenogears

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears