Suikoden I Character Stats

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
ninjaluc79

Re: Suikoden I Character Stats

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Hmm, I don't think so. But I think it would be easy to do it.

If you're doing the stat stone trick, you don't need to know the maximum stats for everyone since you can just pump their stats to 255 anyway. Otherwise, well, that's your call.

EDIT: This should do it. Pick a character and then select a level, and that's it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Makaveli137

Post by Makaveli137 »

Thanks a lot.
I don't want my characters to have 255 in all their stats. I want them to keep their strengths/weaknesses, but still have the best stats possibles for each.
"If God doesn't exist in this world, I will create God with my own hands..." Krelian, Xenogears

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I see.

Good luck on your perfect stats playthrough. I'm looking forward to it.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

Thanks, I was trying to do the same thing a while ago but didn't get very far (only got a few characters up).
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

On the MP table, the first level 4 spell opens up at 131 MGC. I know because I have spent a lot of time trying to level up Fukien to the point where he gets a level 4 spell to fight Neclord with (I have never gotten a Resurrection Rune to drop). I always get it at 131 MGC.

I also have a question. In most of the Suikoden games stat growth from level 60 to 99 is [0 to 1 (50%)]. It looks like this game has differing percentages for the higher value at different rates? Also, characters have individualized starting starting stats at level 1 instead of a standard based on their rate? It looks like the MP guide page (that contains the table showing the average growth in each level bracket) assumes a standardized starting stat for everyone in the growth rate. Is the number chosen the average? For example: Tir is HP growth 6 and starts at 17 HP, Ted is HP growth 5 and starts at 18 HP, and Gremio is HP growth 4 and starts at 20 HP. According to the MP table Gremio is correct, but Tir should start at 26 and Ted at 24.