Problem playing this on PS3 via the PSN Download....

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
tachikoma

Problem playing this on PS3 via the PSN Download....

Post by tachikoma »

Hi all,

Only recently joined so please be nice lol
I bought Suikoden 1 on the US PS3 marketplace last year and it has always worked fine until this last week.
I start the game, hit the main menu and anytime from then til 10 minutes max later the X button on my controller stops working.
If I press the PS button then controller stops working at all for the game but in the PS menu still works fine.
Have uninstalled the game and downloaded afresh but it is still doing the same?
Oh and all my other PS1 games I downloaded work fine...

Any ideas?
Nikisaur

Re: Problem playing this on PS3 via the PSN Download....

Post by Nikisaur »

Have you done an update recently? (I don't know what that would have done but it's all I can think of).
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Odd. YEah if the X button is functioning fine for the menu and your other games, then I cant think of anything else. . . Maybe it is your memory stick? is it near full capacity? if it is, or if it is defective, there is a chance of data corruption like this occuring. Maybe email Sony Support, and if you can't get any tips there, try a new memory stick.

I downloaded Suikoden I via the PSN the same way, and have never experienced a problem like this.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I never saw him mention a memory stick.

Seems to be a rather weird Hardware error though. Is everything in your system legit?
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Oh I misread that as PSP instead of PS3.

Yeah, this is weird especially for a PS3 hardware. It all your stuff is legit, then send Sony an Email if you can. If your stuff isn't legit, tell us your model number and what mods you have.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Your data may be corrupt. I would recommend deleting and re-downloading if you haven't tried that already. This won't have any effect on your save data.
PSN: FreshMetal80