Celadon Urn...

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Wicht

Celadon Urn...

Post by Wicht »

The Celadon Urn, I know you can get them from BonBon's but after you've been banished, after you aquire Viki and then the Blinking Mirror you can warp to Rockland, by this time in the game are BonBon's still around? Or are they gone indefinitely?
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Re: Celadon Urn...

Post by gilgamesh31 »

The Bon Bon's are long gone by the time you return to Gregminster area along with the only chance to get a Celadon Urn I'm afraid. I don't remember being able to teleport to Rockland after you first recruit Viki are you sure about that?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Really? Its been ages since I replayed, I could've sworn soon as you get Viki you can Teleport there as it is a place you've already visited but you'd be glitched without the Blinking Mirror, you get that way later right? So you can't return through the Kwaba gate? Least from my recollection I might be WAY off. Anyways, reason I recently thought of this, is that by end game is when the area and monsters change but it very well could be immediately. I've no way of testing ethis atm though.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

You can get the Blinking Mirror when you recruit Hellion at the Inn/Item shop in Teien, after your castle upgrades to level 2. Its not that far into the game, its just after you get Flik and get beaten at Scarleticia castle.

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to return to Gregminster until the end of the game and by then, like you said Bon Bon's are replaced by Orcs, Simurghs and Ninja Masters. Very evil Konami, I have seen reports of people fighting 100 Bon Bon battles and only receiving one Celadon Urn, damn missable items!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Took me around 20 hours back then which makes 6 Celadon Urns the most stylish bath decoration ever ;)
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Been debating starting a new game up for a couple days. Said 'screw it' and did so. Ironically, 1 hour and 38 minutes and the first ? Pot became a Celadon Urn, what luck. And the majority of that time was playing Marco's Cup Game, 600K and running to get the Fortune Rune (I know a lot of people say get the Prosperity Rune first but you can max money immediately with the Marco Cup game so why bother?) So, honestly I've only been urn hunting for about a half hour. I am now debating if I should even attempt another five or just continue on. XD
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

i say try and get everything right now since you already said "screw it" to your old game. might as well make this new one a perfect play through. it might take awhile, but it makes your bathhouse look lavish. =D
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Celadon Urn hunt *Update*

I'm not even 3 hours into the game and I've already aquired 3 Celadon Urn's, 3 Octopus Urns and 2 Failure Urns.
I don't think my good luck is going to last much longer... but damn, half way done at least!
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

congrats! ^_^ hope you get those urns pretty soon. and make sure you dont skip any of the important in-game fights with rare drops! ^_^
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Hi guys,

This can't be normal... either that or I'm just plain lucky.

My total playtime is 5 hours and 6 minutes exactly...

I've aquired 8 Octopus Urns, 5 Celadon Urns and 3 Failure Urns.

Thats 16 ? Pots in total so far... what are the odds!?

I only have one Celadon Urn to go. Wow.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Wowzers... I have 6 Celadon Urns in under 6 hours of gameplay. I don't think there is any strategy to aquiring them but I'm going to give a full detailed description of what I did from game start up until the end of my Urn hunting. Perhaps some or all of it could help people in the future or at the very least make everyone just a tad more patient.

Alright, so this part has nothing to do with aquiring Urns but at game start the first thing I did was head over to Rockland and use Marco's Cup Game to make 10 thousand potch; save. Then following the game pattern 60 times while betting 10K per guess I had 600K potch total. With this money you bribe yourself to Sarady and talk to the man in the northeastern house to get the Fortune rune. Bribe your way back to Gregminster and pick up Ted. Save. Head on down to Lenankamp and upgrade Ted's and Tir's(hero) weapons to level five and get Ted the best armor he can equip. Save.

Level Ted up around Gregminster until he is level 6-7 and then wander up to Mt. Tigerwolf; from the path head directly West until you hit trees and then north until you get cornered between forest and mountains. By holding the direction pad up you'll wander back and forth between a two-square radius. Bribe every monster unless its a Red Solider Ant (they give decent exp to help level Ted up further) I got Ted to level 13 before I needed more party members. Of course any BonBon's are free game to kill.

Aside from the first few levels for Ted I spent the ENTIRE time in this corner getting ? Pots though I honestly doubt this has any signifigance to my good fortune getting Celadon Urns... but, hey it worked for me.

Anyways, after every four ? Pots wander back to Gregminster and sell any extra items you've aquired (I only got two Pointed Hat's from the Red Solider Ants) sell them and save at the Inn. Appraise your four pots and hope for the best. Save afterwards again before heading backout to the corner-area northwest of Mt. Tigerwolf. And repeat the process...

Now I hunted 6 Celadon and 6 Octopus urns so you inventory fills up fast!! So when you're completely full (I sold all of Tir's equipment) you can go continue the storyline to get Cleo, Gremio and Pahn into your party so you have more imventory slots. Back to Lenankamp to upgrade all their weapons to lvl 5 and get the best equipment before returning to that one corner. Thats all I can really say... I wish anyone luck and hope you have as good a fortune as I had!

My gameplay time after getting all 6 Celadon Urns is: 5 hours and fifty-one minutes.
(Including about an hour and a half getting the Fortune rune and making 600K potch on Marco's Cup game)

My Results:

? Pot group 1: Celadon, Octopus, Octopus, Failure
? Pot group 2: Celadon, Failure, Celadon, Octopus
? Pot group 3: Octopus, Octopus, Octopus, Octopus
? Pot group 4: Celadon, Celadon, Octopus, Failure
? Pot group 5: Celadon, Celadon, Failure, Octopus

20 ? Pots in total: 4 Failure Urns, 7 Celadon Urns & 9 Octopus Urns.

I'm offically done!

I hope this guideline can help someone bu as far as I understand from other topics and coding percentages there is no way to determine or enhance your odds of getting Celadon Urns or any rare drop item in any Suikoden game or other RPG nevertheless I took the time to write out my experience anyways. Happy hunting!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:o You lucky son of a gun! Celes must be pissed after reading this. :lol:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Great! This motivates me to try it at least once :D
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

lucky, lucky man. thanks for sharing your strategy! ill give it a whirl when i replay suikoden 1 over sem break.
yingxuy

Post by yingxuy »

I hope you soon get the urn. And make sure you do not skip any important battle in the game a rare drop!