Perfect game question

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
gildedtalon

Re: Perfect game question

Post by gildedtalon »

Yes I can, maybe I should save in new savefile just to show you how determined I Am :mrgreen:
No, not each item of course..... Just this yardstick, I have to get the maximum amount possible both in my party members inventory and the warehouse. :P
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Ugh, decided to try a few more times today, did about 5 more runs with no Goldlet. Read on Gamefaqs that some people have gotten it to drop in 16 battles or 30 battles... yes, lucky probably but no one ever states what they did for the drop. Be nice to know if they did a formation change or a soft/hard reset what combination of attacks they did then just 'oh, it dropped' lol I know there is no strat to it but sometimes it makes you feel like you've got a better shot on trying. ;P

Anyways... think I'll try up till the weekend and if it still doesn't drop by then I'm gonna skip the Goldlet. Still I have to be around the 200 mark... now, I'm still surprised I haven't gotten it, especially since Sheena is lvl 99 and I can kill him in two rune shots.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sheena? Is he even available that early? What part of the story are you now?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Yeah, Sheena is available as soon as Kirkis appears. He's a great choice for that mission since Gigantes is weak to Lightning and (unless the Zombie Dragon) dropped a Lightning Rune) he's your only source of Lightning Magic until Flik.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

wataru14 wrote:Yeah, Sheena is available as soon as Kirkis appears.
+ you need lv 2 castle.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Okay, finally got the drop though I am guessing it is somewhere between 220-230 battles give or take ten either way. Now that I have this stupid drop and wasted countless hours I could've been done Suikoden and be working on II by now. Needless to say now that I've actually got the Goldlet it is nearly a pointless item to be considered for a 'Perfect file'. A few reasons for this would be:

1. It is a Mid-level armor that gets replaced really fast and the only decent thing about it is extra defence before battling Kwanda and hold's no other purpose.
2. If you aim for the lvl 99 tricks such as with Sheena it doesn't even matter what anyone else's levels are except for Pahn.
3. Most 'perfect saves' in terms of item collection in most RPG's is 1 of everything and the only duplicates worth nabbing are high end armors which this isn't.
4. Again 'perfect files' such as the Final Fantasy series is that you get unlimited storage space that you can literally have 1 of everything in the Suikoden series the carry limit for characters and warehouses do have strict limits.
5. The fact that you do get 1 Goldlet from a treasure chest means you don't really need 2, especially since no one will ever use it and it'll just rot in storage.
6.It is true that the item is 'missable' there is no argument there but the stats and mid-level of this armor really isn't worth the hassle.
7.Unless you are willing to share and have the technology like a 'Dex drive' (I think that is what it is called) which most disc users do not have or even if you do not many users can download the file and convert it back to a PS1 memory file unless they have one too. So basically the only person that will care is YOU and possible bragging rights for iRL friends otherwise it is a near pointless achievement.

However emulator people could use a iSO save file since that is shareable but if you're are using a emulator you can just save before fighting Gigantes and knock the time in half with less to no worry.

So... I guess what I am getting at here is that I'll NEVER ever bother with the Goldlet on any future Perfect runs. Just a waste of time and value. That is at least my opinion on the matter. If YOU are crazy enough to go for it then I wish everyone luck.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Ok, glad you finally followed my advice and got it :D
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Wicht wrote:Okay, finally got the drop though I am guessing it is somewhere between 220-230 battles give or take ten either way. Now that I have this stupid drop and wasted countless hours I could've been done Suikoden and be working on II by now. Needless to say now that I've actually got the Goldlet it is nearly a pointless item to be considered for a 'Perfect file'. A few reasons for this would be:

1. It is a Mid-level armor that gets replaced really fast and the only decent thing about it is extra defence before battling Kwanda and hold's no other purpose.
2. If you aim for the lvl 99 tricks such as with Sheena it doesn't even matter what anyone else's levels are except for Pahn.
3. Most 'perfect saves' in terms of item collection in most RPG's is 1 of everything and the only duplicates worth nabbing are high end armors which this isn't.
4. Again 'perfect files' such as the Final Fantasy series is that you get unlimited storage space that you can literally have 1 of everything in the Suikoden series the carry limit for characters and warehouses do have strict limits.
5. The fact that you do get 1 Goldlet from a treasure chest means you don't really need 2, especially since no one will ever use it and it'll just rot in storage.
6.It is true that the item is 'missable' there is no argument there but the stats and mid-level of this armor really isn't worth the hassle.
7.Unless you are willing to share and have the technology like a 'Dex drive' (I think that is what it is called) which most disc users do not have or even if you do not many users can download the file and convert it back to a PS1 memory file unless they have one too. So basically the only person that will care is YOU and possible bragging rights for iRL friends otherwise it is a near pointless achievement.

However emulator people could use a iSO save file since that is shareable but if you're are using a emulator you can just save before fighting Gigantes and knock the time in half with less to no worry.

So... I guess what I am getting at here is that I'll NEVER ever bother with the Goldlet on any future Perfect runs. Just a waste of time and value. That is at least my opinion on the matter. If YOU are crazy enough to go for it then I wish everyone luck.
and now aim for 6 iron boots in suikoden 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

The Goldlet is actually a pretty good piece of armor. At +18 it's the same as the Earth Boots and it's usable by males, females and Milich. I don't like giving people duplicates of the same accessory (how does one person wear two pairs of shoes?), so on a female, paired with a Crimson Cape (which is a FAR more common drop) it makes the best accessory pair for pure defense that females can equip.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

wataru14 wrote:The Goldlet is usable by males, females and Milich.
lol :lol:
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Sporefrog: On another board you and another person found a way to manipulate RNG only in dungeons, so my question is if based on same action and getting same drop works for Rune pieces and armor how does it effect ?Pot; I'd assume if you follow the hard reset rules each ?Pot should always remain the same, right? So if it is appraised as a Failure Urn it will always be a Failure Urn? I've only tried 3 times so far in Lepant's mansion and that seems to be the case but I'm not entirely sure. I'll wait for your post plus I'll try another half dozen tries to see.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yes, I once asked Celes the same thing, doesn't matter where you appraise it, it always turn out the same thing. As soon as it drops, it has already been determined that when appraised, it will always turn into that thing

Source: my old thread http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12508
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

gildedtalon wrote:Yes, I once asked Celes the same thing, doesn't matter where you appraise it, it always turn out the same thing. As soon as it drops, it has already been determined that when appraised, it will always turn into that thing

Source: my old thread http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12508
Gildedtalon: I already know this, however that was NOT my question for Sporefrog. Considering the situation is different, ? Pot is determined until after it drops and since the hard reset each ? Pot is different at end of battle unless the RNG glitch retain's that it is the same each time.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@wicht

I am sorry,but gilded is right.if you got a persian lamp,then save,hard reset and do exactly the same things with the same enemies,you will allways get a persian lamp from the same enemy.if this drop was a vase,the following drops(if you have done everything right)will be a vase too...
for 6 persian lamps,you must find the first on your own,the other drops can be manipulated:-)

appraising doens´t change anything,it just tells you which item you already have in your inventory.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Wow, I already stated I know how appraising works. But you did answer my question indirectly at least so the determined series of drops does keep the ? Pot the same; thanks.