Perfect game question

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Perfect game question

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:How dare you use Clive avatar when your name is Sasarai the tenth :oops:

I said that a while ago....Clive's avatar it's just like a medal for my achievement of finishing Clive's quest with 108 stars,in 12 hrs and 17 mins. :D

But still Clive is one of my favorites,especially in S1.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Sasarai10 wrote:
gildedtalon wrote:How dare you use Clive avatar when your name is Sasarai the tenth :oops:

I said that a while ago....Clive's avatar it's just like a medal for my achievement of finishing Clive's quest with 108 stars,in 12 hrs and 17 mins. :D

But still Clive is one of my favorites,especially in S1.

Do you guys -always- go way off topic in most posts? :P Anyways gonna wait a few days and see how many other people comment considering F-it is 1 and keep at is voted 1 each. Heh.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

That's crazy, I didn't get 108 stars but still only managed to finish at 12:49 here

http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12715
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Wicht wrote:Anyways gonna wait a few days and see how many other people comment considering F-it is 1 and keep at is voted 1 each. Heh.
However if it is about Black Urn, it is never obtainable before defeating Harpy, I have killed those Spikers in Rakutei Mountain during the Futch and Humphrey quest over 3000 times, I mean I did 3000 battles just for it, yes imagine how many Spikers I've killed. Despite Celes claiming otherwise.

It's your choice to waste your life trying like me :|

Here's the thread where I had to give up

http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12542

Try again a year later for a really long time as well and it still never drops before defeating Harpy
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@gilded

thats not true.I got my black urn before beating harpy.and even worse,my perfect run is a riou-solo run too,so I had to wait EVERY battle,until all other characters died,before attacking the enemies.
the item drop rate is ONLY affected by rng.if you play on an emulator with savestates,you will never get a specific item,because the rng cannot change.

@wicht

I would say...forget the goldlet.its the same nonsense than trying to collect 6 iron boots in suikoden 2.
I got a goldlet drop from gigantes on my very first try,but unfortunately,it was not while playing a perfect game,it happend during my insane challenge run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grfNu2c0J8.
you can see the goldlet drop a 1:20 in the video.
my perfect suiko 1 file contains only 1 goldlet and I can live with it.if you want the maximum amount of every missable or limited item,you had to hunt for 6 celadons,6 octopus,9 salt,9,yardsticks,...forget it;-)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

@sporefrog 9 yardsticks?? how is this possible? i know salt can be bought,as many times you want...but i think yardstick,is available only in Sarah's recruitment.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

if you put the yardstick(or any other sarah-item)in you vault,you will get another.you must return to your castle,drop the item in your vault,return to kirov,get another copy,return to your castle,...
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Actually you can get 254 of them :)
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

Celes wrote:Actually you can get 254 of them :)
first I need 254 resurrection runes from whip wolf,then I will hunt for 254 yardsticks,ok? :lol: :lol: :lol:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Shh, I'm gonna try this right now :wink:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

254 is the max number of each object? I don't think that someone,could ever do this,because it'll cost you a whole damn life...after all,you cannot stock all of them. :lol:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

It's the warehouse limit that will stop me. A whole day is enough in my opinion :wink:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:It's the warehouse limit that will stop me. A whole day is enough in my opinion :wink:

Only with gameshark i guess.

Otherwise,how is it possible...i'm still trying to drop a Goddess Statue in Moravia...i've done at least 100 tries. :cry:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

gameshark what? wait, I'm going to quote Celes just to show you
Yardstick, Salt, Soy sauce & Soap
These items can be traded over and over again, as long as you don't deliver the soap or hold the next item needed for the trading process in any inventory of your current party. Drop these items in your storehouse, and repeat the trade as many times as you wish, to keep these exclusive items. Sugar can be bought in Kirov's item shop.
source: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10235
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:gameshark what? wait, I'm going to quote Celes just to show you
Yardstick, Salt, Soy sauce & Soap
These items can be traded over and over again, as long as you don't deliver the soap or hold the next item needed for the trading process in any inventory of your current party. Drop these items in your storehouse, and repeat the trade as many times as you wish, to keep these exclusive items. Sugar can be bought in Kirov's item shop.
source: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10235

OK i thought you meant to get 254 pieces of each item in the game,in a whole day :lol: :lol: