Merchants

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Lord_Killem

Merchants

Post by Lord_Killem »

So, I'm on my 7 millionth Suikoden playthrough and was wondering, has anyone ever got the Merchants to succeed in turning the enemy traitor outside of the second Teo battle?

It seems the fire spears really sway the enemy as I've never gotten it to work in any other battle.
Night Shadow

Re: Merchants

Post by Night Shadow »

i do think it might be possible....its been awhile since i last played, but i remember every time i used merchant, i had at least a little bit of luck.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

In Aloyalgamer's Let's Play Suikoden series, in his first battle against Teo - the one you have to lose no matter what - he used Merchants for a laugh since he was screwed either way.

It worked.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I can usually get at least some, but never a large amount.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Lord_Killem

Post by Lord_Killem »

Still, I have only ever gotten them to work in the second Teo battle...how odd.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've had it work when you surprise attack the Northern Checkpoint
UberPendragon

Post by UberPendragon »

I've had it work sporadically but never with any meaningful results. Sometimes in later battles I'll use that once I've used up dragon knights to give another thief a chance to tell me what the enemy's next plan is. I suck at rock paper scissors so I need ninja's and thieves to help me cheat.