phero rune

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
LetsRock

phero rune

Post by LetsRock »

I know the Beast Commander should drop this but is this Item really rare? I mean im fighting in this area for 5 hours and still nothing.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: phero rune

Post by Pyriel »

The drop is 0.39%, a.k.a. a 1/255 chance. The only way for it to be any more rare is if it was 0/255, which is called "impossible" in the business.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe it could be a glitch or something like that.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Pyriel wrote:The drop is 0.39%, a.k.a. a 1/255 chance. The only way for it to be any more rare is if it was 0/255, which is called "impossible" in the business.
Actually, this goes for the drop of the Beast Commander alone. Getting one out of a battle is even more difficult, due to the limitation of max. 1 item per battle.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Im fighting over 12 hours and still nothing. Always Holy Cyrstals, ? ornaments and Blue Ribbons.

How many hours do you all tried before getting a phero rune?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Oh, yeah. This is the game where it processes every enemy's drop in some arbitrary order, isn't it. So your 1/255 for the Phero Rune is only if it gets to the point of checking that drop. If the other enemies in the party have something that drops with a greater chance, and they go first, you have to not get their drops, in addition to hitting the Phero rune. It's kind of like saying you have a chance to hit the lottery, but first you have to roll 5 dice and get a one on all of them.

The number of hours you try isn't going to change anything, really. One guy could try for five minutes and get lucky, or someone could have your sort of luck, play for 20 hours, and come up dry. That's just probability for you.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

I gave up for the moment. I will try it later. Thanks for trying to help me.

I have a another question. How can i get Mace weapon level to level 16?
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

I don't remember that being possible, since he is the best blacksmith in the game. Try putting him in the group though and walking up to his spot in the smithery. It might work. Haha.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Is the phero rune at any time in the game available? I mean i am at Gregminister (second time) so someone can confirm that you can still get it?

@Night Shadow

It doesnt work lol
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

He's the only character you cannot max out.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

Thanks for the answer.

After more than 30 hours i finally got it.
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Playing the game on my PSP, I just got two Phero Crystals in a row. I was surprised. In the game I was hurting for money and doing a challenge run so I sold one and kept the other. Those crystals are worth a lot of money.

I found both of mine in east of Kaku, south of Forest Village early in the game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

didn't Celes find that killing the Beast Commander first would have the game check that drop first?
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Okay, 1 hour hunting and I got a Phero crystal to drop. If anyone has seen my post about Celadon urns this latest file I started; I've become -extremely- lucky. I honestly don't get it. I recall countless other playthroughs and I remember some lucky drops but this is starting to become consistant. Fighting the Zombie Dragon I got the rare Lightning crystal to drop too. O.o

Celes: Input? Am I just lucky or does my Suikoden copy have a crush on me?

Gildedtalon: I just aquired Kirkis and have to go to the Village of the Elves.
Last edited by Wicht on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

where are you in the story?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account