phero rune

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Hirathien

Re: phero rune

Post by Hirathien »

gildedtalon wrote:where are you in the story?
Wicht wrote:Gildedtalon: I just aquired Kirkis and have to go to the Village of the Elves.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

damn, this is the only item I haven't got in this game

just like dream robe in suikoden iii

edit: I finally got it after keeping holy crystal drop from the fliers. not like it matters though ahahaahhahahaha :mrgreen:

The description says:

'Will be protected'

Just putting it for those who are curious and never got this item

I got it with tir and stallion. 39:44 hours

Time to get back to Suikoden II item collection. Too bad I was never in the mood to collect items in suikoden ii since there are so many items and too few spaces on the warehouse
Those battles with Hai Yo really annoy me whenever I want to give recipes to him
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

I guess I got lucky this playthrough. First two battles with the beast commander I get a Phero Rune, for a total of two. I was pleasantly surprised when I found they sold for 25k bits a piece >:D.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Is there any way to increase the possibilities of getting a Phero Rune? I have killed over 100 of Beast Commanders around Seika area,but no Phero Rune yet... :x

It seems that it's more possible to win the lottery than getting a Phero Rune :|
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

I am afraid,no.
there are 100% drop patterns for enemys in dungeons(I discovered a few,for defence rune piece,water rune piece,opal,...),but enemys on the world map cannot be manipulated as far as I know.
the phero rune is already annoying but the resurrection rune is the worst:-(
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sporefrog wrote:I am afraid,no.
there are 100% drop patterns for enemys in dungeons(I discovered a few,for defence rune piece,water rune piece,opal,...),but enemys on the world map cannot be manipulated as far as I know.
the phero rune is already annoying but the resurrection rune is the worst:-(

Fukien has got one,so i consider i have this item,and i don't have to collect it again.

The most difficult thing actually is to achieve the bath scene with the Persian Lamps. You don't have to collect only 1,which is already difficult...but 6!!!!
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

I think,its best to come back later,when one masterpupil attack from mcdohl and kai can kill every robot in lepant mansion in one hit.thats less time consuming,than collecting 6 lamps on your first visit.my perfect file was a solo/duo run with only mcdohl and kai,so I had no other choice than saving the lamps for later in the game.

do you have 6 celadons?I know,one is enough,but some people like to hunt for a set...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Always kill the Beast Commander first coz then her item drop is checked first
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sporefrog wrote:
do you have 6 celadons?I know,one is enough,but some people like to hunt for a set...

For the flower bath scene??? Actually you can put up any ornament that you like,it doesn't matter if it's celadon,vase,failure,etc....you can put also 6 of each kind in order to trigger the scene...so 6 of them,are not considered a set....

If it's true i refuse to start the game again just because of some urns.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And no! It's not true...it's like saying that you have to collect 6 Bandanas/Tunics/Gloves/Boots just because you want all your party to wear the same armor...so i got a point there 8)

gildedtalon wrote:Always kill the Beast Commander first coz then her item drop is checked first

Thanks for the info!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

In 17 years of playing this game I have never gotten a Resurrection Rune to drop. I've gotten a couple of Phero Runes over the years and I've got Gigantes to drop the Goldlet twice, but never once have I gotten a Resurrection Rune.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@sasarai

of course,you dont have to collect 6 celadons.I just wanted to know...
it looks much better to have 6 different urns in the bath for the flower scene.
this is my favorite:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/user ... kvfatf.jpg

@wataru14

there is no item in this game,which I hate more than this damn resurrection rune.it was the last item in my perfect file and the most annoying too.it took my forever to make this picture:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/user ... dqqixv.jpg
Last edited by sporefrog on Wed May 15, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Maybe try to use as few party members as well, it seems to affect the drop?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It doesn't. Neikther does the LUCk stat or anything else. The drop is purely based on the RNG and a very simply mechanic.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Nah, it's definitely not that simple, the real drop rate is horrendously low far more than stated on this site
I only got it after leaving the game running for 5 hours without doing anything bringing Stallion with me. Funny, eh?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Just found it today after...300 tries or so. I founded it northeast from Great Forest village...and i used a Wild arrow attack with Kirkis and Stallion...my enemy besides Beast Commander were 3 Killer Rabbits. Probably Phero Rune can be found in a certain spot on the map?