Magic damage? (taken)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kenshindono

Magic damage? (taken)

Post by kenshindono »

what effects how much magic damage you take? This has always perplexed me. I would think it was your magic stat but it doesn't seem to always be the case. I.e. i was grinding for some masters garb and was noticing that for some strange reason Krin was taking less damage than, say Hix from the bolder attack the rock guys use. (about 50ish VS hix's 100+) I also notice other various characters seem to take varying damage that seems to not really match up with their magic stat.

Anyone know what determines how much magic damage a character takes?
Zieg

Re: Magic damage? (taken)

Post by Zieg »

Isn't there a Magic Defence stat apart from the one you mentioned? I believe there is one in SII, though I'm not perfectly convinced whether it's featured in SI. I'll look it up once I'm home and edit this post (unless someone else comes forward with a satisfying answer beforehand)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it could be using MAG or DEF or a combination, and/or i wouldn't be surprised if there are defensive elemental affinities for each character.
according to this thread (CameoChic444), it's based purely on MAG.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

There are no elemental affinities for characters in this game.