freeze bug?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kenshindono

freeze bug?

Post by kenshindono »

Just curiuos if anyone actually uses Meg with a trick rune. Ive used her a bit off and on, and have got my only game freezes with her. Sometimes when i use her trick rune the game just locks up in battle. Ive had it happen twice while farming items and ive lost hours of play time because of it. Ive ONLY had it freeze when shes in my party and i use the trick rune.

Just curiuos if anyone uses her a lot and has had this problem. I find it weird that thats the only time i get problems so it would be strange if its just something with my disk
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: freeze bug?

Post by KFCrispy »

considering how many years this game has been played and there hasn't been a common complaint about the game freezing at any point, you can bet it's your disc.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ive tried it with 2 games now and it does the same thing. It seems to be with certain spell animations if you use the trick rune with Meg. I.e. someone test this out if you can. Goto the dragon den dungeon. Fight the sun king guys. Set it up so meg is the last one to attack with her trick rune before the sun guy does. It seems that the problem is that her animation is still going off while the sun king spins up his spell and the game locks up. There were a few other examples but thats the easiest to test out as it does it every time for me pretty much

I highly doubt I have 2 copies of the game that do the same thing, its probably a bug in the game
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Might also be your system/emulator.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hmm I dont use an emulator, i use my old PS1. I guess i can try using my other old one (first gen that doesn't play FMV's well) and see if it does it on that too. or throw it in the PS2 and try it

Still i was wondering if anyone else can run the test i listed and tell me if it freezes for them