Dragon Seal Incense infinite?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kenshindono

Dragon Seal Incense infinite?

Post by kenshindono »

just wondering if anyone knows if this item has infinite uses? I tried testing it in battle and it didn't get used up after several tries.. theres no number next to it. Id like to keep it on a character and use it over and over if thats the case, but i did a search and couldnt' find any info on it other than where its found. I never got this in my last playthroughs, this is the first time =P
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Dragon Seal Incense infinite?

Post by KFCrispy »

yes it's unlimited use. lots of ppl end up giving the Dragon Seal Incense and Clone Rune to Viktor to have him heal between Clone Rune uses.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

pretty good plan i'll do that until i put a killer rune or something on him (im at elf village right now, been screwing arounda lot)

one thing though.. with the clone rune to you retain your elemental dmg? It almost seems like i do more dmg with his fire rune piece and a regular attackX 2 especially against weak vs fire critters
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think all special attacks apply the character's element, or if what you're saying is true, it may just be limited to unites! i definitely tested unites.

regular attack should be doing 1.5x dmg, and clone is either going to do the normal 2x dmg or be "boosted" to 3x...
but wait, you have a Fire Rune Piece equipped (i assume 1 since that's the most you get without hacking), and those boost normal attacks by 5% each. the Fire Rune Piece extra damage effect might not apply to special attacks! so regular attacks might be doing 1.05 x 1.5 = 1.575x dmg.... 2 attacks would be about 3.15.
Shinyo

Post by Shinyo »

As already said, it has unlimited uses, but it seems like it will be used after everybody else, including the enemies, have acted.
I gave it to Tir and used it a few times during a boss battle and every time I did, Tir was last, but he was faster when he did not use it.

However I never tried it in Suikoden 2, so I don't know if it's the same there..
Check out my blog for random fun stuff and reviews!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think it's just based on the user's SPD in this game.