do water rune pieces actually add dmg?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kenshindono

do water rune pieces actually add dmg?

Post by kenshindono »

I definatly notice a dmg increase when i put say fire or lightning pieces on peoples weapons. Plus the characters flash with the matching color

however, i never really noticed a bump in dmg or color change on hit with water rune pieces. The rune info claims they add damage to your attacks but im not so sure. Has anyone tested this? Do they actually add elemental dmg, or do only fire and lightning do that?

I cant remember if earth and wind gave a color flash or dmg, i havent stuck them on anyone yet
Hirathien

Re: do water rune pieces actually add dmg?

Post by Hirathien »

If i'm not totally wrong, Water gives you health back and Wind made you attack faster. Although i can be totally wrong with this, was ages since i last played Suikoden.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

right, thats the added effect, but they're suposed to also change your weapon to add damage of the element. The rune piece guide here says they do. And i remember the fire and lightning ones actually seem to increase the damage (fire definitely, since its its added bonus), and you can tell you have the element because of the flash when you connect with the enemy. With water, you dont get any special attack animation. No blue flash or anything
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they don't increase damage, ONLY the Fire Rune Piece does. Lightning Rune Piece ups crit rate. see the Runes database...
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

i have checked the database. And all the pieces mention that they change your weapon to elemental damage. I also noticed when i hit people with fire attack and enemy flash ORANGE. If i have lightning equipped they flash light BLUE. However with a water rune piece equiped there is no flash at all. I dont recall if wind or earth have a flash.

That shows that something is definitly going on with fire and lightning at least. Do water and the other weapons just not add any elemental effect or damage to your attack? thats what im trying to figure out. I would think water would make your attacks a dark blue or something.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

All pieces change the element of the weapon, which is only taken into account vs. weakness though.

Plus fire adds 5% dmg every time to the total dmg output.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah they didn't make special effects when Wind, Earth, or Water Rune Piece'd weapons hit an enemy, but Lightning doesn't exactly deserve a special effect either, considering it doesn't actually increase damage. i think it just goes back to being a first game.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ah so they just didn't add the animation for the other ones then i guess? I honestly dont remember but i seemed to recal the lightning runes seemed to do more dmg. Might have been my imagination