So.. you HAVE to recruit Pahn right?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kenshindono

So.. you HAVE to recruit Pahn right?

Post by kenshindono »

this playthrough i tried just leaving the mansion and not talking to Pahn. Cleo and Gremio told me to go forgive him. I tried going on with the story but it doesn't seem to progress. I can go back to the mansion and put lepant in my party and stuff i think, but i dont get the next scene at the castle

Just wanted to double check, but i guess the only option is to go back and take that traitorous scum bag into your army?
Hirathien

Re: So.. you HAVE to recruit Pahn right?

Post by Hirathien »

That "traitorous scumbag" will save your life later. So yes.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

woop-dee-do, after he gets my best friend killed =P I actually dont remember him saving me at all later on. WHen was that again?

blea i thought so, i really wished there was a way to just not recruit him. At least you can let him die later! Still this is going to be my mail transfer file for the future so i was gonna save him regardless. I was just wondering if in a future playthrough i could ditch him. Guess not
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Yeah, he duels Teo to allow you to escape after you fight Teo for the first time.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

I wouldn't call that saving my life at all. I remember the duel vaguely, and thats the key point where he has to be a certain lvl to survive.

Regardless i hate the guy. He's like Juppo, just joins no matter what you try to do! At least you do get to let him die indirectly, and thats something. Does anyone know if you take the conversation path where you dont forgive him; if that effects his chances of surviving the duel? Or is it entirely based on lvl/gear?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

You wouldn't call it saving your life? Master Teo stands there and fights him, telling his army to back off. Dueling Pahn one by one. If Pahn dies, he sacrificed himself so you could get away. How is that not saving you? Planet Earth contacting brain, come in brain!
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

It's just like any duel. his 'chances' of surviving are directly influenced by his level, gear and weapon level. AND the commands you give him in battle, obviously.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

no need to insult me. I said i dont remember the specifics, just that he duels Teo. I still think hes scum for getting your best friend killed. This is the only playthrough hes surviving since it will be my 108 star goto save in the future. Last time i played i happily let him die
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Personally, I think you're being a little harsh on him. he did what he thought was right at the time, and had no way of knowing that Ted would be killed because of it. He admits he was wrong and makes it up to Tir. Tir's accepting him back as a friend is a testament to his big heart and forgiving nature. But think what you want, you've got to recruit him.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.